+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Late period

This has probably been asked a million times but can you get false negative on a FRER? I am now on day 39 and no period, I did a FRER on Monday and it was negative.
    I am aged 40 with two DD's from IVF (unexplained fertility) and DH and I don't bother with contraception...

My cycle is normally about 31 days.

I wasn't overly concerned but I've been very nauseous since yesterday, but I didn't have that with my other pregnancies. I'm also not sure if my FRER had expired as its been in the drawer for a while.

Can stress delay your period? I know I ovulated I just can't remember when....

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    This has probably been asked a million times but can you get false negative on a FRER? I am now on day 39 and no period, I did a FRER on Monday and it was negative.
    I am aged 40 with two DD's from IVF (unexplained fertility) and DH and I don't bother with contraception...

My cycle is normally about 31 days.

I wasn't overly concerned but I've been very nauseous since yesterday, but I didn't have that with my other pregnancies. I'm also not sure if my FRER had expired as its been in the drawer for a while.

Can stress delay your period? I know I ovulated I just can't remember when....

TIA
    Stress absolutely delays my period. So ironically while TTC my cycles were longer than any other time. But I would be suspicious about an expired FRER, can you get a new one?

In regards to the nausea I always felt really off when my period was late, but it wasn’t pregnancy just feel a bit rubbish when af is overdue. You also could be coming down with something which could also affect ur cycle.

I know you can’t remember when u ovulated, but do you have any kind of time frame? Like would it be more than 10 days ago?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KJane13 For This Useful Post:

Starfish30 (06-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KJane13 View Post
    Stress absolutely delays my period. So ironically while TTC my cycles were longer than any other time. But I would be suspicious about an expired FRER, can you get a new one?

In regards to the nausea I always felt really off when my period was late, but it wasn’t pregnancy just feel a bit rubbish when af is overdue. You also could be coming down with something which could also affect ur cycle.

I know you can’t remember when u ovulated, but do you have any kind of time frame? Like would it be more than 10 days ago?
    I've got a cold too so that's probably not helping. Yes, defo more than 10 day ago, but I think my LP is quite long from memory. I just became more regular since DD2 (29-32 days)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    More likely to have a false negative than a false positive so definitely a possibility. Perhaps you just ovulated later than usual and AF is still on its way. Stress often effects the first half of the cycle and delays ovulation

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

Molros (06-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just worked out that I ovulated sometime between 16-19 Feb. I remember because my mum came over for our wedding and I had ovulation pain when she stayed at our house as I was talking to her about it. So that's 15-18 days ago.Maybe I'll just go grab some more tests. I don't think I am and would be very surprised as we had to have IVF, I just don't know where it is.
    Last edited by Molros; 06-03-2019 at 18:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anything is possible. I’d recommend getting a new test and giving it a go for peace of mind.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mmmkay For This Useful Post:

Starfish30 (06-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It came today, hooray! Thanks everyone for your replies

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

KJane13 (08-03-2019),mmmkay (08-03-2019)