+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    it’s like they won’t push harsh penalties in place in case....why? men get upset? it’s too hard to enforce? why bother having such a lukewarm system that works only some of the time? it’s an ok system assuming the father/absent parent is honest. honest in disclosing what they earn. but where you’re dealing with a snake (and let’s face it, most absent parents are usually dishonest liars and want to abscond from their responsibilities), a system based on being honest is going to fail.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Californication (03-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Child support how to

IMG_2512.JPG

This is what I get for ds1. It goes to his bank account. It’s not worth anything to me at all.

Exh earns $32,500 a year down from $145,000......... less then me. Less tax it works out to $500ish a week. His house he rents is $380 a week........I learnt last week he just bought another brand new car for cash thanks to his mum who has millions and is the one that supports him....... he was caught out a few years ago by me doing a reassessment..... this time I can’t really be arsed it’s not worth the hassle or head ache anymore. He’s also currently on a cruise with his mum for 7 weeks overseas.......she pays he tags along

Should add he has a multi case with the slag he has 2 kids with aswell. So yeah 500 - 16.96 and I think it was $25 for her then rent of 380 leaves $78 to live on. He’d prob get some rent assistance & Newstart in there I’d say.
    Last edited by babybeeno1; 03-03-2019 at 21:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    rents is $380 a week........I learnt last week he just bought another brand new car for cash thanks to his mum who has millions and is the one that supports him....... he was caught out a few years ago by me doing a
    See, I don’t get this either. If I was his mother and had millions, I’d be making sure my grandkids were supported if my DHead son wouldn’t, and would certainly not be paying for him to have a lavish lifestyle at the expense of them having essentials!! Some people are just scum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    that’s so f..ked. barely $17, what is anyone going to do with that? you are fortunate you can afford to just put it aside. i can’t imagine what happens to kids and parents who are relying on that money to eat? $17 wont buy even a day of food, never mind other expenses!?

i just did some googling, CSA reckon they can do a bunch of things in the case of non payment, including imposition of overseas travel band and legal action. so why isn’t there more of this happening?

i also googled and found and old forum thread (not this forum) where someone was angry about a former partner understating his income for CS purposes. apparently you can contact CSA and their forensic accounting team can investigate future? not sure if this is common in real life, but is it an option for anyone who believes the FOK is lying about their incomes to bypass CS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don’t know how the system can be made 100% fair.
    In my case it seems unfair to me that me being successful impacts on the responsibility he has to take for his son.
    And it’s not entirely about money, it’s about taking responsibility for our son.
    But then on the flip side, how lucky am I that I am successful? Because if I wasn’t, what would happen to my son and his future?

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mod-LIKE A BOSS For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (04-03-2019),Californication (03-03-2019),Mod-Degrassi (04-03-2019),Mod-DJ Nette (04-03-2019),turquoisecoast (04-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    that’s so f..ked. barely $17, what is anyone going to do with that? you are fortunate you can afford to just put it aside. i can’t imagine what happens to kids and parents who are relying on that money to eat? $17 wont buy even a day of food, never mind other expenses!?

i just did some googling, CSA reckon they can do a bunch of things in the case of non payment, including imposition of overseas travel band and legal action. so why isn’t there more of this happening?

i also googled and found and old forum thread (not this forum) where someone was angry about a former partner understating his income for CS purposes. apparently you can contact CSA and their forensic accounting team can investigate future? not sure if this is common in real life, but is it an option for anyone who believes the FOK is lying about their incomes to bypass CS?
    CSA are known as the toothless tiger for a reason. Theorettically they can do a bit, reality is they don't bother to do much. A friend of mine's ex husband buggered off to one of the few countries that CSA can't pursue child support. They did nothing when he returned to Australia many many times. No suspension of passport. No stopping him from leaving the country again.

Forensic investigations. Pfft. I assume this refers to the special circumstances form where the person who lodges it needs to detail everything about their life eg bank accounts, income, colour of your undies, what you ate for dinner last Thursday etc and that information is passed onto the other party. They make it so difficult that it turns a lot of people off even trying (I assume this is to minimise bogus claims), I lodged one when my ex quit his job and he lied through his teeth and they accepted everything he said at face value.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 03-03-2019 at 22:45.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Californication (03-03-2019),turquoisecoast (04-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I worked there for a few years before I had kids, and I honestly think it is very understaffed but like most government departments the push is constantly to do more with less.

Using information from people’s tax returns is generally an accurate way to find income, for the majority of people. Unfortunately there are ways to write off income in some industries and circumstances and it is so much harder to work out the truth in these cases.

Collection in the majority of cases is actually done privately or with little dispute. But the cases where it isn’t then it can be tricky. They have the ability to garnish wages which is probably the most effective method, and some large employers have hundreds of payments sent to the agency. This can be done either willingly or against their wishes once they have a debt. Sometimes a proactive receiving parent who has information relating to leaving the country or where they are working makes a huge difference, but then when they are in a position where they can just quit the job or work cash it is almost impossible to collect and things like tax refunds (this is automatic if they have a debt) are only a short term fix.

The assessment formula is so hard, I was there when they changed it over to attempt to make it fairer to both parents but generally no one is happy! They have to give the one paying recognition of the costs of living and even though in this case he will only have every second weekend that reduces how much he pays because he needs a bed and there’s costs associated with that time. I would suspect he even knows that he needs that amount to keep his payments lower as it sounds like his style.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

Mod-LIKE A BOSS (04-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Child support how to

Oh the stories I could tell you about CSA and my poor hubby vs his ex wife ! Let’s just say that CS isn’t always about a father !
    Last edited by granny1; 04-03-2019 at 02:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    ? $17 wont buy even a day of food, never mind other expenses!?

you can contact CSA and their forensic accounting team can investigate future? not sure if this is common in real life, but is it an option for anyone who believes the FOK is lying about their incomes to bypass CS?
    Pays for nothing nope currently music and sport is $61 a week to play and learn etc that doesn’t include club fees to join.

Yes do investigate refer to what SS said it’s Bull**** we have to hand everything over about out personal details but we aren’t allowed to know anything about the father !

As for overseas now it’s if they aren’t paying you can be stopped at the border before you leave but this case is for dead beats that don’t pay

All they have to do in regards to their income is get paid cash in hand or if they run their own business they could have it set up as a company and the company pays them the bare minimum in wages and in turn the company pays for everything Else like rent a new car blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post

Forensic investigations. Pfft. I assume this refers to the special circumstances form where the person who lodges it needs to detail everything about their life.
    This form yes it’s pathetic why should the mother have to hand over everything about their lives and the father not have to do a damned thing except sit back watch and lie about what their real income is.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

PomPoms (04-03-2019),SSecret Squirrel (04-03-2019)