+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default WWYD? Family wedding

Ladies I need your help!

I very well could just be making a mountain out of a mole hill and should be more reasonable, please feel free to tell me if you think I am haha!

Bit of context:

DP's sister is having a wedding late next year.

The venue is 2.5hours away from home for us so would need to stay overnight, and that it's going to be a 'whole weekend thing'.. whatever that means haha.

There was nearly a full a4 page for the venues children policy, here's a brief summary of some of the points:
    - don't provide high chairs, cots, bassinet (they have accommodation on site)
    - they don't provide a children's meal unless the child was in a designated room with a nanny
    - can't have strollers there
    - if we want our child in the main function room with us he will be at the same cost as an adult and will be provided the same meals as us with no high chair

DS1 will be 2y 5m when the wedding happens.

So here's my dilemma, DP and I have been trying to figure out when to start TTC 2. DP does the usual you do what you think is best it's your body etc and is fairly blasaie on when. I'm torn whether we avoid several months towards the end of the year so we don't potentially have a newborn at the wedding or be due the month of the wedding.

What would you do?

Avoid a few months or just live your life and deal with it later (I'm too much of a planner and it sometimes is to my own detriment).
    Last edited by Loh4; 27-02-2019 at 07:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I’d just live your life and start TTC if that’s what you want to do. Your baby is more important than someone else wedding. And who knows how long it will take to fall pregnant. I’d just deal with it all when the time comes. It also sounds like having a newborn at the wedding would be fine. It’s probably more your toddler that would be difficult to accomodate.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Jurodice (27-02-2019),Loh4 (27-02-2019),LoveMyWay (27-02-2019),Mod-LIKE A BOSS (27-02-2019),Mod-Wise Enough (28-02-2019),Renn (27-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Everything said above. Don’t hold off TTC just because of the what if’s.

(Says me who is actively holding off TTC for a few months because we’re going to Bali in September for a wedding )

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Loh4 (27-02-2019),LoveMyWay (27-02-2019),Mamasupial (27-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wouldn't factor in the wedding when considering the timing of TTC. It's only one event, and you shouldn't worry about planning your life around it.

Whatever the situation may be with your little family by the time the wedding happens, I'm sure you'll be able to come up with a solution.

Weddings with a little baby aren't too difficult, it's the toddler that will be harder work!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Loh4 (27-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I’d just live your life and start TTC if that’s what you want to do. Your baby is more important than someone else wedding. And who knows how long it will take to fall pregnant. I’d just deal with it all when the time comes. It also sounds like having a newborn at the wedding would be fine. It’s probably more your toddler that would be difficult to accomodate.
    this.

go to the wedding if it suits. if not, such as you’re about to give birth or have a newborn, you revise your rsvp and say you’ll all be an apology. i’d send a card and gift in lieu of attendance given it’s close family.

it’s only a wedding, i would get on with my life and not plan around an event that’s almost 2 years away. anything could happen in that time anyway. what if they broke up or changed venues etc. do what suits you!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Loh4 (27-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The thought that they could break up or change venues or dates in this next nearly 2 years never even crossed my mind and it's such a valid point!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Considering the wedding isn’t until late next year I wouldn’t put my life on hold for anyone.

I’d definitely ttc now rather then later

As for the children’s brief it would of been easily if they said no kids as to me that is what they are saying when reading between the lines

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny (27-02-2019)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just do what you plan to do. The wedding is just one day in the life of your outside family, no need for your life to spin around their plans. Almost two years ahead, it is just not possible for your mind to cover every possibility. I would, perhaps, enquire if family on your side could be available for babysitting, and plan to not bring your child/children to the venue. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    This. You don't know how long it will take. I finally fell pregnant through IVF after coming off the pill thinking it would happen straight away. I mean, it might, but it also might not. We ended up booking a holiday to Thailand after a failed transfer sick of putting our lives on hold and I was 16 wks by the time the holiday came around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just live your life and TTC when you are ready to.
    Everything will work out - not necessarily in the same way but it’ll be fine.

For the actual wedding

Buy or borrow a portable booster and put it on one if the dining chairs. Pack snacks and drinks for your child to supplement their main meal if some is not appropriate.

Take a travel cot with you. You can do without a stroller.