+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    changed my mind. Moving away from the topic at hand
    Last edited by sajimum; 26-02-2019 at 21:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by granny1 View Post
    Heard it on the news. He’s to go into special protection , will eat and shower separately to others and be under guard at these times.

Why? Why does he need to be protected when he abused children and ruined their lives ? It makes me sick
    I for one am disgusted by the whole thing. I heard it on the news... and they why into graphic verbal detail the exact acts at hand. So disturbing.

Sadly, as for protection on the inside... anyone with more recent knowledge can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe protective custody is considered for, (maybe even offered to/ asked) each and every prisoner when they go in during their assessment of security level required and plan for prison time/ care.

Generally, its given to maintain order and security In the prison, for those who have safety concerns, who are extremely dangerous to others or themselves etc, and high profile people/ cases, the ones who've committed absolutely heinous acts, mostly against children... because lets just say.... sometimes individuals inside feel the law wasn't harsh enough, or that the karma trains been held up somewhere..so they help by removing the delay.

there's also certain prisons, in Victoria at least, that they tend to group 'like' crimes... certain prisons are known for certain things. For example, although no longer operational, J-ward in Ararat, for the criminally insane.

It's a completely different world on the inside... and there's certain unwritten "rules" prisoners have about what is ok to talk about and what's not...it's a very strange environment...
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 27-02-2019 at 03:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Andrew bolt actually wrote an article about how Pell has been falsely accused. Makes me sick to my stomach anyone could write such nonsense, let alone be published.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine (27-02-2019),Mod-LIKE A BOSS (27-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Wise Enough View Post
    Andrew bolt actually wrote an article about how Pell has been falsely accused. Makes me sick to my stomach anyone could write such nonsense, let alone be published.
    Absolutely outrageous.

Have you read the article? How/why does he say Pell was falsely accused and convicted? I assume the article is paywalled and i dont want to give him the clicks anyway.

There's a petition calling for Bolt to be sacked.

It would be great to have him done for contempt of court too!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Starfish30 (27-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I refuse to give clicks too, so haven’t read it. Clementine ford shared a screen shot. The damage this nonsense does just for clicks/shock value is disgusting

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

FayBelle (01-03-2019),JustJaq (27-02-2019),Mod-LIKE A BOSS (27-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can understand why they fight so hard to deny it. The Catholic Church is one of the richest institutions in the world. This is bad for business.

Religion arose as a form of societal control, the most effective way to have people conform to rules in the Middle Ages was threaten condemnation in hell. Our legislation is still full of religious doctrines, look at the hoo ha over legalising gay marriage.

It’s not hard to see how religious institutions attract filthy power hungry unapologetic monsters like Pell. Given that rape is more about power than sexual gratification, it’s not a leap to believe rape is rife in such institutions.

It’s time to stop giving the likes of Andrew Bolt air time, give the victims long awaited justice and let them move on with their lives.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Super Trooper For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (27-02-2019),Californication (27-02-2019),Mod-LIKE A BOSS (27-02-2019),turquoisecoast (27-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    I think they mean "historic" as in it's is making history because he is the first person so high up to be jailed. Not as in it happened a long time ago. As in it will become an event in history because its the first time its happened.
    I was listening to a report about it on ABC radio this morning (because I’m old and I like that station). They were definitely using it in the context of a long time ago, not a significant event.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (27-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Wise Enough View Post
    can someone copy & paste the article? i tried reading it but it’s behind a pay wall.

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand there will be an appeal against jail time because of Pells age and failing health. I would like him to go to prison. I do know that the Brisbane region, and my region on the Sunshine Coast, about three years ago instituted many safe guards for the protection of children and adults. The Qld Bishop Mark Coolidge (?) has put in place significant procedures. I do hope the rest of the Catholic church follows suit. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saw his bail application has been withdrawn and he will be taken into custody at the conclusion of today's plea hearing