+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 116
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,987
    Thanks
    3,670
    Thanked
    2,599
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Trigger Warning : George Pell convicted of abuse.

    Just received this story on messenger.
    https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-...64?pfmredir=sm
    I almost can’t believe it actually happened - the conviction I mean.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,741
    Thanks
    7,789
    Thanked
    7,101
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He was convicted months ago and the ruling was unable to be reported in Australian media due to some legal ruling. That’s the disgusting bit.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,987
    Thanks
    3,670
    Thanked
    2,599
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yup there was another case pending. Those charges have been dropped apparently.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,741
    Thanks
    7,789
    Thanked
    7,101
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. All in all a shocking case.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    13,037
    Thanks
    8,879
    Thanked
    9,050
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i read the article on the age earlier. it goes into quite graphic detail about what happened. it should come with a trigger warning, i was vividly picturing the incident in my mind based on how it was described and i felt icky. i can’t imagine how an abuse survivor would be feeling.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,878
    Thanks
    4,107
    Thanked
    2,739
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wonder how the Catholic Church is going to deal with this.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    709
    Thanks
    698
    Thanked
    486
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i read the article on the age earlier. it goes into quite graphic detail about what happened. it should come with a trigger warning, i was vividly picturing the incident in my mind based on how it was described and i felt icky. i can’t imagine how an abuse survivor would be feeling.
    I agree!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to TandR For This Useful Post:

    turquoisecoast (26-02-2019)

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5,784
    Thanks
    13,337
    Thanked
    6,400
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Trigger Warning : George Pell convicted of abuse.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    I wonder how the Catholic Church is going to deal with this.
    Pell is going to appeal so I assume they are keen to fight the conviction tooth and nail.

    Not sure of the accuracy, but one outlet reported he will not be stripped of Cardinal status any time soon, as the majority in the Vatican and most Catholics worldwide simply don’t believe he did it, even though our court of law has now found him guilty. I guess for believers it’s easier than admitting one of your leaders is a monster, and there is something inherently wrong with the Catholic Church which you’ve doted on your entire life.

    Pell’s arrogance and his demeanour throughout makes me so angry.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

    Californication (26-02-2019),turquoisecoast (26-02-2019)

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,967
    Thanks
    3,368
    Thanked
    1,134
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Pell is going to appeal so I assume they are keen to fight the conviction tooth and nail.

    Not sure of the accuracy, but one outlet reported he will not be stripped of Cardinal status any time soon, as the majority in the Vatican and most Catholics worldwide simply don’t believe he did it, even though our court of law has now found him guilty. I guess for believers it’s easier than admitting one of your leaders is a monster, and there is something inherently wrong with the Catholic Church which you’ve doted on your entire life.

    Pell’s arrogance and his demeanour throughout makes me so angry.
    I read somewhere this morning that he was relieved of his Cardinal thing back when the conviction was first found in December. However, the Vatican said it was because of age due to the suppression orders.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

    SuperGranny (27-02-2019)

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,100
    Thanks
    908
    Thanked
    2,489
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When they reported it as ‘historic’ I assumed it was in the 1970s when a lot of the other allegations relate to, but this happened in 1996!! How above the law did he think he was.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

    Mod-Wise Enough (27-02-2019)


 

Similar Threads

  1. ***Trigger Warning*** Is this sexual abuse?
    By Deni05 in forum Child Welfare Concerns
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 22:52
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 15-10-2010, 17:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Baby Car Seats and Infant Car RestraintsBuying a baby car seat? Check out our 'go-to' links here!
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Motherhood: The Shameful SecretsGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Jolly July TTC 2020Conception & Fertility General Chat
Selective MutismParents of Children with Special Needs

ADVERTISEMENT