+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dating scan no heartbeat

Hi ladies,

Had a dating scan today baby is measuring 6 weeks 4 days but no heart beat I am completely heartbroken, I just wanted to ask if there’s any Women who have gone through this and gone back 1-2 weeks later and seen a heartbeat? This is my 4th pregnancy with my other 3 I seen the heartbeat this early so I’m thinking the worst and already in tears grieving

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep! Happened to me this pregnancy about the same gestation and my previous pregnancy (but the scan was 5+3). Currently 23 weeks pregnant and my previous one is now almost 3 years old!

matalee is offline The greater the fight, the greater the victory
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Happened to me as well. Had a scan at 5 weeks and saw a heartbeat. Then another scan at 6 weeks and there was no heartbeat. I had to wait 2 weeks (because of the Xmas break) until I could go back for another scan and the heart was beating. He’s now 6 years old, and still as cheeky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a dating scan with DS at just under 6 weeks and no heartbeat. Another at 8 weeks and they found the heart beat. Maybe it’s just too early, don’t give up hope wait another 10 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, had a scan with my twins at 6w 4 days, one had a heartbeat the other didn’t. At 8w4d they were both beating away (and they are healthy happy 3.5 year olds now!). All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m seeking some positive stories too!
    I had my scan on Thursday, I was 6w4d, fetal pole measured 5w6d and no heartbeat detected. I have to go back in 6 more days, but FS has told me to prepare for the worst.
    I am shattered, but not ready to give up just yet.

I have a tilted uterus and I read that this can hinder seeing hb and measurements

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, I had a bleed with clots at 5 weeks, so as a consequence of that I had scans (both transvaginal and external) done at 5w3d, 6w3d and 7 weeks.

At all of them I was told there was no yolk sac, no fetal pole, no baby and no heartbeat.

A D&C was scheduled and one final scan was done at 8 weeks - and there she was - with a heartbeat of 163! She is 20 months old now.

I have a tilted uterus and was told it can make things difficult to see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2610 View Post
    I’m seeking some positive stories too!
    I had my scan on Thursday, I was 6w4d, fetal pole measured 5w6d and no heartbeat detected. I have to go back in 6 more days, but FS has told me to prepare for the worst.
    I am shattered, but not ready to give up just yet.

I have a tilted uterus and I read that this can hinder seeing hb and measurements
    Was the scan done internally? I’m a obs and gynae Sonographer and you can often get better images if it’s done internally. At 5+6 it’s a waiting game. Some beans need a little extra time. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali13 View Post
    Was the scan done internally? I’m a obs and gynae Sonographer and you can often get better images if it’s done internally. At 5+6 it’s a waiting game. Some beans need a little extra time. Good luck
    To clarify you can often get better images with a tilted uterus by doing an internal ultrasound than you can sometimes doing an internal ultrasound with a usually positioned uterus.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dating scan no heartbeat

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLoveLaugh View Post
    Hi ladies,

Had a dating scan today baby is measuring 6 weeks 4 days but no heart beat I am completely heartbroken, I just wanted to ask if there’s any Women who have gone through this and gone back 1-2 weeks later and seen a heartbeat? This is my 4th pregnancy with my other 3 I seen the heartbeat this early so I’m thinking the worst and already in tears grieving
    How are you travelling? I wanted to give you an update.

We went in to see the dr today, to organise our next steps and a D&C. I had some spotting on Saturday, and the fetal pole had completely disappeared! We were completely deflated and preparing for our next round of IVF.

We had a scan to get the formalities over and done with, and the dr starts saying, “I’m sorry girls, it’s not looking good. This is the sac, and there doesn’t seem...... hang on”
    I said, “is that something flickering?”
    WE HAVE A HEARTBEAT!!
    We are measuring 6w2d, and should be 7w3d as IVF, so we could still go either way. But right now, we have hope!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LS2610 For This Useful Post:

Ali13 (27-02-2019),SJ565 (27-02-2019)