+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can't say one way or another if I believe the stories or not. Lines were crossed at some point. (I would not have children sleep in my bed with me, except my own, or those closer to me who there was good reason ....my 2yo niece who bed shared with her parents but I cared for overnight on occasion, for example)

I'm a big fan of leaving the passed to rest in peace, and not disturbing their graves. (I'm even unsettled by news of cemeteries re-delegating burial plots but that's a whole other issue)
    I'm a big fan of the phase "let sleeping dogs lie". Or in this case, let a deceased man lie...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For me, the unnatural interest he showed in children is a huge red flag for me. How many single male adults optionally choose to spend time with young boys? Ask them to sleep in his bed? Turn their house into a playground for them?

Obviously these boys feel a story needs to be told. By talking about it, they won’t get any money from the estate. Usually the money is buying silence. Maybe make some from the movie. No ones ever gotten their big break by making molestation claims. Looking at the motives of the boys, I believe them.

As for the maid, she was probably well paid and scared. Speaking up about suspicions could mean she would lose her job and her possibly her home. Yes I would speak up. But I have not been in her situation so I will not judge her.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Californication (21-02-2019),LoveMyWay (22-02-2019),Mod-LIKE A BOSS (21-02-2019),SSecret Squirrel (21-02-2019),Starfish30 (21-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also find it so interesting that we all have information about what potential child molesters are like, what grooming looks like, and yet for a lot of people none of it applies to MJ for some reason. We will probably never know for sure, but he did tick quite a few boxes. Grooming the children and their families with presents and attention from a celebrity, having “parties” with young boys, having other people’s children sleep in his bed... but because it’s MJ it doesn’t mean anything, he was just misunderstood..

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Starfish30 For This Useful Post:

BornToBe (27-02-2019),Californication (21-02-2019),LoveMyWay (22-02-2019),Mod-LIKE A BOSS (21-02-2019),Mod-Wise Enough (21-02-2019),SSecret Squirrel (21-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i’m not defending him one iota here. but i’ve always wondered whether the surrounding himself with kids and trying to be close to them was a way of trying to almost relive his own crappy childhood and work through the trauma etc. he never struck me as a predator. rather, a scared lost little boy (peter pan) type soul who was desperately trying to resolve his issues from his childhood. he didn’t have the skills required to work through it and heal as an adult. so he tried to do it by reliving being a kid by playing out his ideal fantasy childhood. that’s honestly always been my vibe. but then without being there, who knows. maybe boundaries were crossed/blurred. maybe he was a predatory abuser. who knows.

he was very talented but i never liked his music or his vibe. i found him weird and cringey. i think he was also a closet gay guy who never felt he could come out and just be his true self.

i think his whole life was painful and he probably used his money as a vehicle to try and buy a life that was less painful to him; the surgeries to look different/white, the whole neverland estate/compound, buying animals and surrounding himself with kids etc. it’s not really a picture of a well adjusted man living as a mature adult. i think his is a very tragic story.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Californication (21-02-2019),Mod-LIKE A BOSS (21-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, I think he still saw himself as a child. However I think kids experiment with each other, and if he saw himself as a child he probably didn’t see what he was doing was wrong

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

LoveMyWay (22-02-2019)

White Mage is online now Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I get that he may of been mentally stunted/immature/disabled what ever label you want to slap on it. But It doesn't excuse that he was a grown man doing questionable things with kids.
    I am not saying he did or he didn't. I am saying it shouldn't be completely excused.
    Because of who he is and the fact he had money and power. People are less likely to say anything or it can easily be hushed away. And If they do. 'They are only after his money'
    Look at Bill Cosby.

On the other foot. If it was very obvious to people of his mental health. He could of been the perfect person to take advantage of.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

LoveMyWay (22-02-2019),Starfish30 (27-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don’t pay into celebrity news/issues really at all so my entire knowledge of the subject is extremely limited.
    I was always of the opinion though, that he was less of a pedo and more of a 6 year old stuck in an adults body. Explaining why he couldn’t see why it’s wrong to sleep in the same bed as the kids etc. Kind of like when you get a dog that still thinks it’s a puppy and tries to curl up in a bed that’s way too small.

Really though, if this was the case. If it was just some kind of severe mental illness/impairment/disability, it doesn’t excuse everything. But someone should have been watching out. If it was like that, he should have had a carer, and that carer should have stepped in and said “no, this isn’t appropriate”.

Look, if I’m incorrect, and he was just a villain, then more fool me. I don’t think him being inappropriate with the kids is out of the question. I think it’s entirely possible. I just think that perhaps he’s not entirely to blame if he wasn’t of the soundest of minds. Someone should have been looking out for him and the kids.
    Why kids were left there anyway, I’ll never know. Would I drop my kids off unsupervised at an eccentric millionaires house. That’s a big fat no.

If I’m completely off base and he’s innocent and it’s a cash grab, then that’s just really horrible too

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (24-02-2019),Californication (22-02-2019),White Mage (22-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I’m not a MJ fan and he was a troubled man but I’m not buying the pedo story. Every single person who made claims against him tried to extort some kinda of money from him. Most have a shady story or their stories have changed many times over. There is some documentaries out on MJ court case that are interesting.
    That Wade guys history is troubling, seems like he flipped and tried to sue MJs estate when he didn’t get a job on the immortal tour. Who knows the truth.
    I just don’t feel comfortable crying out pedo at a dead man with zero evidence and no ability to defend himself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I don’t pay into celebrity news/issues really at all so my entire knowledge of the subject is extremely limited.
    I was always of the opinion though, that he was less of a pedo and more of a 6 year old stuck in an adults body. Explaining why he couldn’t see why it’s wrong to sleep in the same bed as the kids etc. Kind of like when you get a dog that still thinks it’s a puppy and tries to curl up in a bed that’s way too small.

Really though, if this was the case. If it was just some kind of severe mental illness/impairment/disability, it doesn’t excuse everything. But someone should have been watching out. If it was like that, he should have had a carer, and that carer should have stepped in and said “no, this isn’t appropriate”.

Look, if I’m incorrect, and he was just a villain, then more fool me. I don’t think him being inappropriate with the kids is out of the question. I think it’s entirely possible. I just think that perhaps he’s not entirely to blame if he wasn’t of the soundest of minds. Someone should have been looking out for him and the kids.
    Why kids were left there anyway, I’ll never know. Would I drop my kids off unsupervised at an eccentric millionaires house. That’s a big fat no.

If I’m completely off base and he’s innocent and it’s a cash grab, then that’s just really horrible too
    all of this. why were kids left alone with him at all? why was he allowed to have someone else’s kids stay over, unsupervised? surely he’d have had assistants etc, did nobody pull him aside and go hey michael, it’s probably not a great look to have kids staying in your bed !?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish30 View Post
    I also find it so interesting that we all have information about what potential child molesters are like, what grooming looks like, and yet for a lot of people none of it applies to MJ for some reason. We will probably never know for sure, but he did tick quite a few boxes. Grooming the children and their families with presents and attention from a celebrity, having “parties” with young boys, having other people’s children sleep in his bed... but because it’s MJ it doesn’t mean anything, he was just misunderstood..
    Totally agree with you there, it's actually quite surprising!