+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default *possible trigger* Leaving Neverland documentary (Michael Jackson)

Has anyone heard about this documentary? It'll be screening on HBO next month.

For those that haven't, it's a two-part documentary about two men who claim to have been abused by Michael Jackson as children back in the Neverland days.

Here is the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Ze8LjzV7Q

It's apparently really shocking. When it had it's first screening, they had counsellors on site due to it being quite triggering for audience members.

Seems a lot of people refuse to believe that Michael ever molested any children and are outright calling these two men liars.

Do you have any thoughts/theories/opinions on any of the past claims of abuse that people have made against him?

Obviously only a handful of people in the world know the truth. I never wanted to believe it because he's so talented and bought a lot of joy into the world with his music, but surely where there is smoke there's fire? I think some of the doubts also stem from his victims asking for huge monetary compensation - people want to believe it's just all about being greedy and that Michael was innocent.

I do want to watch it, but I imagine the content will be very unsettling.

White Mage is online now Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Has anyone heard about this documentary? It'll be screening on HBO next month.

For those that haven't, it's a two-part documentary about two men who claim to have been abused by Michael Jackson as children back in the Neverland days.

Here is the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Ze8LjzV7Q

It's apparently really shocking. When it had it's first screening, they had counsellors on site due to it being quite triggering for audience members.

Seems a lot of people refuse to believe that Michael ever molested any children and are outright calling these two men liars.

Do you have any thoughts/theories/opinions on any of the past claims of abuse that people have made against him?

Obviously only a handful of people in the world know the truth. I never wanted to believe it because he's so talented and bought a lot of joy into the world with his music, but surely where there is smoke there's fire? I think some of the doubts also stem from his victims asking for huge monetary compensation - people want to believe it's just all about being greedy and that Michael was innocent.

I do want to watch it, but I imagine the content will be very unsettling.
    Just in time for the 60mins interview with his maid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    Just in time for the 60mins interview with his maid.
    Yep, I saw the ad this morning.

It would be pretty disappointing if this maid claims to have known he was doing the wrong thing back in the day, yet only speaks out now because it's a hot topic and there's money to be made...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine (21-02-2019),LoveMyWay (21-02-2019),Myztik (24-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

It would be pretty disappointing if this maid claims to have known he was doing the wrong thing back in the day, yet only speaks out now because it's a hot topic and there's money to be made...
    And MJ is not here to defend himself (not saying it didn’t happen, but it’s always tricky when these things come up after someone has died).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine (21-02-2019)

White Mage is online now Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The issue with the maid interview coming out around the time of the documentary is if it is all for a money grab and her few moments of fame, it could totally over shadow and put doubt on the documentary. Which would suck for the boys/men if they really are victims.
    Which raises the thought that it is no coincidence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I caught an interview on the Today Show this morning about the upcoming 60 Minutes story.
    The maid actually testified in court (in 1994, I think it was) that MJ had never done anything and that she would trust him with her own son. She has now done a complete 180 and is saying he's a child molester. The reason she cites for defending MJ back then was because he and his bodyguards had threatened her. I'm sure the 60 Minutes story will go further into detail, but who knows how bad those threats were... enough to make her lie anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wouldn’t surprise me in the least, I think the majority of people turned a blind eye, the same with Elvis Presley, he was 21 or something while she was only 14 I think, no body battered an eye lid, couldn’t see anyone getting away with that nowadays. The old adage, money talks..... so many “famous/high up “ people from actors, judges, politicians etc do the wrong thing but they all look after each other and seem to be able to get away with a lot of stuff, the odd one gets thrown under the train to keep regular people thinking things are being done, but the majority of it goes undetected.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

BornToBe (27-02-2019),LoveMyWay (21-02-2019),Mod-Wise Enough (21-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i’ve never had a vibe from MJ either way. he was a bloody weirdo for sure but i never really got child jokester vibes from him. that said, would i have ever entrusted him with my own kid? probably not.

i think this is all just hot air and mostly designed as a cash grab. it’s very possible there are real victims of his out there and i’m in no way suggesting a victim is making it up. it’s more the tv shows/docos that seem to swoop on these stories and resurrect this same issue.

i don’t know really.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

ldydth (21-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What he may or may not have done aside, I just feel horrible for his poor kids in all of this.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happyfish For This Useful Post:

ldydth (21-02-2019),Little Miss Sunshine (21-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wasn't there a massive investigation by the FBI that found nothing? And that the original accusations came from a record exec trying to ruin his career?
    Eta: swearing in here but there is a lot of info
    https://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearn...ckson?sort=top
    Last edited by Mumof3Crazies; 21-02-2019 at 14:00.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumof3Crazies For This Useful Post:

ldydth (21-02-2019)