+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mater Hospital North Sydney

Anyone delivered at the Mater in North Sydney? If so, what did you pack in your bag for the delivery? I know they have nappies etc there, so what did you find they didn't have?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ldydth For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (20-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are pretty good really. They supply singlets, gowns, wipes, nappies for the baby. The only thing I needed was a nail file which they initially couldn’t supply but they ended up finding one in the end.

For myself I was glad I had packed nice toiletries to use and an eye mask. They supplied pads but if you have a preference for a particular brand/ ones with wings then take some of your own.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cherry17 For This Useful Post:

ldydth (20-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mater Hospital North Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by cherry17 View Post
    They are pretty good really. They supply singlets, gowns, wipes, nappies for the baby. The only thing I needed was a nail file which they initially couldn’t supply but they ended up finding one in the end.

For myself I was glad I had packed nice toiletries to use and an eye mask. They supplied pads but if you have a preference for a particular brand/ ones with wings then take some of your own.
    Wow thank you very much! That makes packing for me super easy lol!

I can't imagine pads without wings.. Did you find wings were better? First time mum here!

Did you have to supply them a certificate to show car seats were professionally installed?

Do they also have bottles for the baby? Or do I have to bring some, just in case?
    Last edited by ldydth; 20-02-2019 at 18:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used my own pads (with wings) for the first couple of days then started using the ones supplied.

No, they didn’t ask anything about the car seat installation.

Yes, they have disposable bottles you can use. And formula if you want to use it. Although will have to ask for it and sign a disclaimer of some sort if you do choose to go down the formula route.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cherry17 For This Useful Post:

ldydth (21-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi i dont have experience with that particular hospital but just wanted to reasure you in general, most hospitals will supply everything that's the most important for at least a few days, because many ladies end up showing up under emergency circumstances, e.g. premature labour etc... so even if you turned up with nothing at all, they would provide whatever was essential for bubba and you for a few days iykwim and partner or someone can always bring in or buy anything you didnt have the next day. One thing im glad i did was pack a cooler bag with all my favourite snacks and drinks, fruit, made myself slice and non perishable yummies, museli bars etc... coz sometimes i didnt like the hospital food and it was comforting to have stuff i liked to eat and drink. I also left an extra 2nd bag of baby stuff and "me" stuff at home and an extra lot of food and drink, clearly labelled so DH could bring them in without having to find it all himself, in case i ran out. Ended up needing them as i had a casear and was there for 5 days... so good to be "doubly" prepared but it will also be fine if you forget absolutely everything too xx And yes, i second bringing some nice toiletries for yourself as its really refreshing to have that first shower and get back to feeling like your normal self again. I bought a lovely new different moisturisier for the occassion and i love it that niw whenever i use it and smell it, it reminds me of those beautiful few days of new baby bliss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @cherry17 !!
    @gorgeousgeorge this hospital is different. It has room service meals. They give you an extensive menu and you call through and order what you want to eat anytime of the day and they bring it up within 30 mins. They have a wide variety of snacks, so I don't have to pack any food at all. The food is hotel quality!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ldydth View Post
    Thanks @cherry17 !!
    @gorgeousgeorge this hospital is different. It has room service meals. They give you an extensive menu and you call through and order what you want to eat anytime of the day and they bring it up within 30 mins. They have a wide variety of snacks, so I don't have to pack any food at all. The food is hotel quality!!
    Omg! Wow! That spunds amazing! Lolim from a small country town, so id be happy to just have an obstetrician and anaethetist let alone room service! Well, im sure they'll have everyrhing you need then :-) Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @cherry17 !!
    Omg! Wow! That sounds amazing! Lolim from a small country town, so id be happy to just have an obstetrician and anaethetist let alone room service! Well, im sure they'll have everyrhing you need then :-) Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    Omg! Wow! That sounds amazing! Lolim from a small country town, so id be happy to just have an obstetrician and anaethetist let alone room service! Well, im sure they'll have everyrhing you need then :-) Good luck.
    Yeah hehe, we are spoilt for choice here in the big smoke But I chose that one cos it honestly is a 5 star hotel! I figure this is my first and last pregnancy (with twins) and I should deliver in style..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah hehe, we are spoilt for choice here in the big smoke But I chose that one cos it honestly is a 5 star hotel! I figure this is my first and last pregnancy (with twins) and I should deliver in style..
    Love it! I had to Google it 🤣 They even do high tea on mon and friday, so try to have your babies on a day where you can go to high tea, i reckon! Yep you go girl!