+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default SCH - need to hear positive stories

Hi everyone. I’m part of the August due date forum and one of the lovely ladies on there suggested I create a new discussion to reach out to others who have in the past or have had a subchorionic hemmorhage/ haematoma during pregnancy.

I am 14 wks 1 day today. At 11 wks 5 days I suddenly started bleeding lots of red blood. My ob checked me the next day and bub was fine. I’ve had two proper scans since and bub still fine. A few weeks ago they couldn’t find anything wrong with my placenta or cervix and the ob said sometimes they never find out why the bleed.

Last week I was getting cramping for over 24 hours and the midwifes were trying to tell me it’s normal and prob round ligament pain but I felt it was more like a stitch and I was feeling very sick as well. I didn’t have ms at all this pregnancy and I felt nauseous and had a headache and sore throat with some hot flushes. That went away and I was fine. Went on for my scan Friday just gone ( 13 wks 5 days) and bub still fine but they confirmed I’d had a subchorionic hemorrhage and that a lot of blood was sitting there. They said when it’s a little bit of blood they are less concerned but that this was quite a lot of blood.

Ob called me after and said she’d expect that this will have to bleed out soon. 24 hours later on Saturday night I bled quite a bit of black blood. It stopped in the morning and I thought it was great and can maybe start healing now. About 5 hours later it started again for a few hours. Then stopped for a good 5-6 hours. Then again over night at about 4:30 it has started again and still going now.

Has anyone been through this and everything ended up being fine? I don’t know when this ‘bleed out’ will stop but my ob doesn’t seem to be worried. I need to hear positive stories.
    Last edited by 1stTimeMum36; 18-02-2019 at 10:20.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SCH - need to hear positive stories

Just replied on your Aug forum, didn't realise you'd posted more detail. Your ob is right.. as much as it messes with your head it doesn't necessarily impact bub at all. Especially if the clot is further away from bubs and closer down near the cervix - meaning when the bleeding is triggered, it comes out without affecting bub at all (that's my understanding anyway). As much as it really sucks, try think of the bleeding as a good thing.. I figure it could mean that it's almost over with. And your body can reabsorb some of the bleed too.

I bled a lot earlier on than you (5-9wks) and I'm quite sure my sch had all but disappeared by the 12 wk scan (definitely by 20 weeks).

There is no reason why you won't go on to have a happy and healthy bub just like I did x

Ps. I think sch could be slightly more common in ivf pregnancies because we get poked and prodded so much down there.
    Last edited by SurferGalGC; 19-02-2019 at 12:31.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

1stTimeMum36 (23-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @1stTimeMum36 how did everything turn it with you sch?? x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferGalGC View Post
    @1stTimeMum36 how did everything turn it with you sch?? x
    Hey @SurferGalGC thanks so much for asking!

It was still there are my last scan 1.5 weeks ago but has gone down.
    I’ve now been having a heaviness feeling in my vagina and busting to go for a wee constantly which is my new worry. I might go to the toilet ten times in 30 mins with no relief. Ppl keeping thinking uti but I don’t think it’s that. Waiting on my grind results bit ivf taken cranberry tablets since this morning and no relief.

Did you have that feeling at all with your sch?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stTimeMum36 View Post
    Hey @SurferGalGC thanks so much for asking!

It was still there are my last scan 1.5 weeks ago but has gone down.
    I’ve now been having a heaviness feeling in my vagina and busting to go for a wee constantly which is my new worry. I might go to the toilet ten times in 30 mins with no relief. Ppl keeping thinking uti but I don’t think it’s that. Waiting on my grind results bit ivf taken cranberry tablets since this morning and no relief.

Did you have that feeling at all with your sch?
    That’s great news hat it’s gone down! No bleeding lately?

Hmm no I don’t recall feeling that way. I do remember feeling so busting to go sometimes and then when I did race to the bathroom it was the tiniest little trickle haha. Certainly not that “ahhh” feeling you get sometimes when you finally go to the bathroom when you’re busting. Anyway, that’s standard pregnancy stuff I think haha.

I think there are probably sooo many possible reasons for why you’re feeling that way so try not to read too much into it xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    That’s great news hat it’s gone down! No bleeding lately?

Hmm no I don’t recall feeling that way. I do remember feeling so busting to go sometimes and then when I did race to the bathroom it was the tiniest little trickle haha. Certainly not that “ahhh” feeling you get sometimes when you finally go to the bathroom when you’re busting. Anyway, that’s standard pregnancy stuff I think haha.

I think there are probably sooo many possible reasons for why you’re feeling that way so try not to read too much into it xx
    Thanks @SurferGalGC. I went from 3 weeks of black old blood to brown, to the a light orange for 2 weeks then in the past week it had gone from very pale yellow to now nothing.
    I’m concerned though that it won’t go down even more unless it bleeds out because it’s still quite big. Just not as big as before.

How are you feeling this time around? All going smoothly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @SurferGalGC. I went from 3 weeks of black old blood to brown, to the a light orange for 2 weeks then in the past week it had gone from very pale yellow to now nothing.
    I’m concerned though that it won’t go down even more unless it bleeds out because it’s still quite big. Just not as big as before.

How are you feeling this time around? All going smoothly?
    Must be a bit of temporary relief that the bleeding has stopped for now. Still nerve wracking I know. How much longer until your next scan?

The more time that passes, I feel like bub is getting stronger too and would be more resilient if there were any more bleeds.

I’ve literally only just found out yesterday at 4dp5dt that we’re pregnant again! After a double transfer on Friday, eek!
    I am very very very nervous given my experiences. BT will be next Tues and then a nervous wait until our scan a few weeks after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Must be a bit of temporary relief that the bleeding has stopped for now. Still nerve wracking I know. How much longer until your next scan?

The more time that passes, I feel like bub is getting stronger too and would be more resilient if there were any more bleeds.

I’ve literally only just found out yesterday at 4dp5dt that we’re pregnant again! After a double transfer on Friday, eek!
    I am very very very nervous given my experiences. BT will be next Tues and then a nervous wait until our scan a few weeks after that.
    Oh how exciting!! That’s wonderful news! Hang in there. This will be your turn I feel it!

My next scan is next Friday in a week and a half! I saw a new ob today and he’s wonderful. So relieved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my morphology scan this morning. Baby growing normally but the hematoma is apparently the same but has just thinned out a lot. I’m hoping that it is starts to absorb because it hasn’t gone down since three weeks ago. I just want it to go away because they mentioned risk of preterm labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my morphology scan this morning. Baby growing normally but the hematoma is apparently the same but has just thinned out a lot. I’m hoping that it is starts to absorb because it hasn’t gone down since three weeks ago. I just want it to go away because they mentioned risk of preterm labour.
    Pesky haematoma! I guess the good thing to take from that is that bub is doing well. And you haven’t had any more bleeding I’m guessing?

My dating scan is in two weeks. Kind’ve nervous to see if I have one this time around. The last two times I’ve had it I have had my first bleed between 5-6 weeks. And I’m 4w5d now.