+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Scared

So I have now had 2 IVF cycles. Both times orgalutran didn't work and I ovulated causing a cancelled cycle.. bloody heart breaking.. the first time there were 2 folicals and they went to collect put me to sleep and they were gone.. the second there were 14 and then I ovulated.. so painful!

I've used Gonal-F the first time and Rekoville the second... Now they are talking about Synarel spray.. appointment with the clinic in 2 days and I'm freaking out.

It's hard when I've had 2 cancelled cycles and haven't even got to the collection stage.

Anyone have any advice for the syneral spray??

Tia
    MJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've done Synarel. It tastes gross when it runs down the back of your throat, but otherwise I found it ok.
    Sorry you've been to egg collection twice and then cancel. It must be very frustrating

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry hon xx

I’ve had a cycle cancelled because of threatened ovulation and another where we were nervous I might ovulate between trigger and EPU as my LH/P4 were over the levels they like. So I insisted on a scan before EPU (I literally went upstairs to the clinic at 7am then straight down to day surgery for my EPU. That meant they could confirm I hadn’t ovulated yet, and if I had we could have cancelled so I didn’t lose the full cycle cost. Maybe you could arrange that to reduce the risk of getting zero eggs again?

I also used Syneral and it was fine. Some women do better on antagonist cycles (with Orgalutran or Cetrotide), others do better on long down reg (with Syneral). So you may find it works better for you and certainly a good idea to try. If it doesn’t, you could always go back to antagonist but with Cetrotide instead maybe?

I have tried all 3 meds and all my threatened ovulations were all on orgalutran. I was fine on Syneral or Cetrotide.

Best of luck xx

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys.. the second time they did do a scan on the morning of because I had been there two days before for a scan and that's when we realise I had ovulated... Heart breaking.. but we will get there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ive done synarel too in several cycles. Its quiye a common med for ivf so im surprised they havent used it before unless there was some specific reason for you not to. Its pretty harmless so dont be worried. Its just a nasal spray as others have said, didnt have any side effects other than it tastes gross when it runs doen the back of your throat. Take heart that you do ovulate, you seem to get a good number of follicles as this bodes well for your future cycles. Hopefully the synrarel will do the trick for your next cycle. Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to use synarel as a trigger one cycle when my estrogen was way too high. The FS got very close to cancelling the cycle but managed to get through to egg collection and only a mild case of OHSS.

They were expecting to collect around 30 eggs, but only got 12 and several of those were immature. The FS said it looks like I responded too well to the synarel as a trigger which made me lose my best eggs.

It was a freeze all cycle and when it came to the FET both embryos we had in the freezer failed to make it through the thawing process. Not a fan due to my experience, but I know many other people use it during their cycles without any adverse outcomes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbletrouble For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (25-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welp the syneral definately does taste crap!! Haha.. I start the gonal f tonight so wish me luck.