+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I remember you. Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery. Yeah I would boot the MIL too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep (13-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be removing her from hospital visits if possible.

I would also be tempted to pack mils bags and send her on her way.

Good luck with everything

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep (13-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    They absolutely will back us up if we ask them. They have been told about the things she has been saying to dd1 and how she isn't behaving in dd1 best interests at times. It's also the reason they have allowed her to attend parents/caregivers only workshop. Whether or not the next workshop falls on a week she's home from fifo is another story.

The best part is... She used to be a youth worker.
    It's great they will back you, it must take a bit of the pressure off.

Can't believe she used to be a youth worker.... Just... wow. Makes her behaviour all the more unacceptable.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep (14-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have no advice for your current situation, but check out EDFA, eating disorder families Australia, my Aunty is one of the founders and they are an incredible network of supportive parents/family who have and are experiencing the same situations as you xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PipersMummy View Post
    I have no advice for your current situation, but check out EDFA, eating disorder families Australia, my Aunty is one of the founders and they are an incredible network of supportive parents/family who have and are experiencing the same situations as you xx
    Thank you. I think I tried that one but my attention span right now is at zero to none so I may have gone searching for support there but gave up very quickly and went to the oldy but goody bh because at that point in time I needed something immediately. I'll try again when I get some more focus for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember you too and I’m sorry that this is what’s brought you back. Your MIL is a cow. I agree with the others, take her off the visitors list and look at getting her out of the house before DD comes home from hospital.

It honestly shocks me that someone can behave like that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    So today I spent about 2 hours travel, missing breakfast just to be able to get to the hospital she is in to catch the team Dr ward rounds that only happens a couple times a week. I find out even though dd1 has been in hospital 4 weeks tomorrow, she isn't putting on weight at an acceptable rate. In fact her weight is static and has been a while now. Either she's hiding food, vomiting or she's exercising or a combination of all of the above. I know she has been hiding food at some stage because I found evidence of it yesterday and the staff were made aware of it. It's all part of the journey I know and the nurses know and expect it. There's only so much they can supervise her eating. Anyway I wouldn't tell the staff to decrease her overnight feeds and food top ups when she refuses her meals so she kicked me out of her room within seconds. So now I'm in the cafeteria having a time out and I will attempt round 2 in a few minutes.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

nudge88 (19-02-2019)

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    my goodness. dss. I remember you. I wish you all the strength and courage to continue this battle with your daughter. Your mil is totally not helping, so I think it is important that you take some measures to prevent her having any input to your daughter. Any eating disorder is a serious problem, and anything that is interfering with the process has to be removed. hugs marie.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi DSS. I remember you and echo others in sending love and support. I also agree that you MIL is not only not helping, she is hindering both you and the medical professionals as you work towards your daughter’s healing.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luckily Mil is only home 1 week in 3. This week home is gonna be the big tester. Either she's gonna start accepting things are how they need to be or there's gonna be a big blow up. There is only so much we can take and only so much we can explain before it becomes undermining behaviour. She asks questions and we answer them and just get told the treatment just isn't good enough. She's not been there day in and day out. She's not there seeing dd1 hooked up to feeding tubes every day, crying because she's getting fat, making rude comments about people and to their faces. She isn't doing 16 hour days trying to schedule the day around work, house work, travel time, our other child, and that's not including doing dd1 washing every day to every couple days just so she has clean clothes. Then when we fall into bed we are too wired to even get to sleep.

These last few minutes I've been called by dd1, my name cos I'm not her mother anymore, disgraceful, disgusting, mum, obese, fat, mean, horrible, gross and probably a few others I forget. Even the nurse stepped in to tell her to stop.

The above was written an hour ago. I held on for an hour before I left. The minute I walked out of of the staff walked over to me and that was it. Tears. I calmed myself then ran into a fellow parent of a child with an Ed. Tears again. We had a chat and that helped but they did give me a few tips I'm going to follow up on when I'm not feeling emotional.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

SJ565 (14-02-2019)