+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    @SSecret Squirrel, this is what made me think OP's partner was paying child support to her:

"... then the mother dobs me into Centrelink (If she hasn’t already after seeing on the child support statement that he is paying me and her payment went down a little)."
    I read that as the OP knows what they are doing is illegal and they are worried the husband's first child will innocently let slip to her mother that the OP and her husband are very much together as the husband will be coming home regularly. If they pretend she is single and have him pay child support through CSA, his ex would believe they had separated because she would receive an amended child support statement from CSA due to the OP's husbands newly single status and having to pay child support for his children with the OP. The are concerned the OP's ex would dob them into Centrelink.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

JustJaq (12-02-2019),RmumR (12-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    I read that as the OP knows what they are doing is illegal and they are worried the husband's first child will innocently let slip to her mother that the OP and her husband are very much together as the husband will be coming home regularly. If they pretend she is single and have him pay child support through CSA, his ex would believe they had separated because she would receive an amended child support statement from CSA due to the OP's husbands newly single status and having to pay child support for his children with the OP. The are concerned the OP's ex would dob them into Centrelink.
    Don't do the wrong thing, no need to worry about being caught or dobbed in.

While I understand your predicament op, this sort of stuff does frustrate a lot of us who have been/are going through similar and do the right thing. Imagine if every family with a partner who works away claimed payments they weren't entitled too. It only leads to things being made harder for those who genuinely need it and do the right thing. I'm not saying you don't genuinely need some form of assistance, but unfortunately if centerlink deems you ineligible, it doesn't make it OK to wrought the system which is what you are essentially doing.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Aanya (14-02-2019),LoveMyWay (13-02-2019),theworkingmum (14-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Single parenting payment eligibility?

A few things:
    You’re not experiencing judgement, just factual information on the consequences of claiming payments you are absolutely not entitled to. As a single parent of two children myself, your situation is worlds apart and it is insulting to relate living apart from a partner to being a single parent.

You’ve said he’ll pay child support and you’ll put it in to savings - if you are in a position to save the child support he pays you, the situation can’t be that dire. You’ve also said he will be living in a sharehouse and you’re paying board - assuming you’re living in a full priced rental atm, would housing costs not be similar?

If I were you, I’d be finding ways to make it work such as either living together & purchasing a new car, or giving up the preschool. Centrelink isn’t there to subsidise your choices, it’s a last resort.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to theworkingmum For This Useful Post:

Aanya (14-02-2019),babybeeno1 (14-02-2019),LoveMyWay (14-02-2019),Loz3119 (14-02-2019),Mum-I-Am (14-02-2019),SheWarrior (14-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I’m just wondering why you and your parents have to continue to have your partner’s daughter from his previous relationship, stay with you every second weekend, when he’s not even going to be there. I honestly don’t see that as your or your parents’ responsibility. Why can’t your partner’s parents have their granddaughter for the entire weekend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Last edited by babyno1onboard; 14-02-2019 at 21:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I’d ring Centrelink directly as I’m not sure if anyone here would honestly know for certain. Centrelink will obviously enlighten you. My understanding is that single parents can have a boyfriend/girlfriend and as long as they only stay a certain maximum number of nights they’re not classified as de facto.

When I was a single mum I dated and I certainly didn’t cancel my payments just because I had a boyfriend who I saw once a week.

But obviously your situation is a little different as you have lived together. I’m not honestly sure how they view it when you actually are living apart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Darl, call Centrelink as this information may be incorrect! They can give you factual information and help to work out all your entitlements and you can go from there. Don’t be hasty in your decision making, you may be able to make this work. Good luck 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have been receiving payments as living together from Centrelink you will have to seperate. For that you will have to get two people, friends or work mates etc not family, to verify that you have broken up. That means if you are found out for fraud those people can be in trouble too.

I have recently seperated and I know that much is true.

If that’s what you choose to do I actually have no idea if there are any rules about sleep overs etc. I think they expect if you’re seperated then that sort of thing isn’t happening.

Your partner will have to pay two lots of child support if you want the full amount of of family tax benefit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    9o