+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hysteroscopy for recurrent misscarriage

Hi lovely ladies

I’m 32, have been ttc for ten cycles. I have no trouble getting pregnant, I just can’t keep it.

Anyway, I’m scheduled for a hysteroscopy next week. It will be CD7. Does anyone have any experience with this procedure? How long did it take till you could ttc again? I normally ovulated between CD12-14. So I could still try this month if I was able to start BD again a few days after the procedure

Thanks everyone. Good luck to all of us xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumping this thread as I may need one too. Anyone able to offer any help with this one??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I’ve had this + a laparoscopy done twice now. The last time was for recurrent miscarriage (I had 3 in a row). It seems to work for me each time. I got pregnant with my DD after my first one (one miscarriage before her).

We decided to try again when she was about a year old but then lost our 3 little ones in a row. Saw an amazing doctor in Brisbane who did another for me & 6 months later I was pregnant again (currently 15 weeks). They’ve also put me on clexane injections daily because of the miscarriages.

Good luck amiracle4me as it’s such a hard journey. I wish you all the luck with it. All I can say is for me it’s definitely done something.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    Yes I’ve had this + a laparoscopy done twice now. The last time was for recurrent miscarriage (I had 3 in a row). It seems to work for me each time. I got pregnant with my DD after my first one (one miscarriage before her).

We decided to try again when she was about a year old but then lost our 3 little ones in a row. Saw an amazing doctor in Brisbane who did another for me & 6 months later I was pregnant again (currently 15 weeks). They’ve also put me on clexane injections daily because of the miscarriages.

Good luck amiracle4me as it’s such a hard journey. I wish you all the luck with it. All I can say is for me it’s definitely done something.
    Hello and thanks for your response.

I think we cycled together when I got pregnant with my DD4.. congrats on your pregnancy and sorry for your previous losses ❤️

That’s certainly encouraging reading although I’m not going to have a laparoscopy ( or it’s not planned at this stage ). Did they find anything specific which then changed protocol for the following cycle? Is it standard for a hysteroscopy to check for NK cells?

I’ve had a successful IVF pregnancy so I don’t think I have immune issues etc although I’m guessing that there maybe scarring from my C - section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hysteroscopy checks your uterus, looks for any fibroids or polyps, biopsy of lining for NK cells check and just generally that lining is ok.

NK cells can be tested by blood test or uterine biopsy. The biopsy is the most accurate as it reflects NK cell activity in the uterus itself (best done during implantation window so say CD21). It’s possible to have normal NK cells in blood stream but high activity in the uterus.

Generally you can do the hysteroscopy around CD21. My AF came a couple of days earlier than usual (and was heavier than normal). Then straight into my IVF cycle.

R

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Risa78 View Post
    Hysteroscopy checks your uterus, looks for any fibroids or polyps, biopsy of lining for NK cells check and just generally that lining is ok.

NK cells can be tested by blood test or uterine biopsy. The biopsy is the most accurate as it reflects NK cell activity in the uterus itself (best done during implantation window so say CD21). It’s possible to have normal NK cells in blood stream but high activity in the uterus.

Generally you can do the hysteroscopy around CD21. My AF came a couple of days earlier than usual (and was heavier than normal). Then straight into my IVF cycle.

R
    Hello and thank you for your message.
    It certainly seems like a worthwhile ‘look under the hood’!

I’m on CD 18 now so it’s too late to organise for this month but I’ll attempt another FET in Sept and if it fails then I’ll have this done. Can you have a successful IVF pregnancy and still have NK cells?

Do you also mind if I ask what your outcome was?

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 8w pg tomorrow.

I had a hysteroscopy and biopsy which showed high NKs and removed a polyp. Transferred a PGS blast which was a chemical. Then a dodgy 3 day embryo (BFN).

Then I had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy before my final stim cycle. Extensive grade 4-5 endometriosis removed. Transferrred a dodgy 3 day embryo. BFN.

My successful cycle was a combo of donor eggs (so lovely top quality blasts) and immune treatment for the NKs (plus my endo, ANAs, MTHFR and T cell imbalance). This is definitely the longest one has stuck!

R