+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I reckon part of it is not having a basic understanding of anatomy. Though having said that, I didn’t realize they had to cut through 7 layers either! I just thought it would be skin, fat, muscle and uterus. What are the others??
    I learnt something new with the “7 layers” cut too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Californication (11-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    Oh dear me very unlikely they would remove your bladder for surgery. I wonder where people get these ideas from haha
    I actually googled it. Apparently it can happen in veryyyu rareeeee cases if the organ was damage during the sec they will remove to repair

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Operation Live

is it on any of those seven plus type apps to rewatch?

ok found it. just hope it’s the right ep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    I actually googled it. Apparently it can happen in veryyyu rareeeee cases if the organ was damage during the sec they will remove to repair
    It would have to be pretty major damage for that to happen. I’ve never seen or heard of it happening in either my nursing career or midwifery career. I would hate to see what has happened to those poor peoples bladders for that to occur!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Operation Live

I reckon part of it is not having a basic understanding of anatomy. Though having said that, I didn’t realize they had to cut through 7 layers either! I just thought it would be skin, fat, muscle and uterus. What are the others??
    Very true. You would be amazed to know how many people don’t know they have 3 holes down there. So many people believe they pee out of their vaginas. It’s astounding really.

They did list them. I wonder if I can remember them just a guess because I don’t really know

Skin
    Fat
    Abdominal wall sheath thing
    Between the ab muscles
    Peritoneum
    Uterus
    Last edited by MLadyEm; 11-02-2019 at 20:24.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Californication (11-02-2019),gorgeousgeorge (11-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    can i just ask, i note that the lady’s lower half and nether regions are covered. is this the case in a normal cs? i can’t remember what happened when i had mine with ds as it was 4am and i was bloody out of it plus couldn’t feel anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    can i just ask, i note that the lady’s lower half and nether regions are covered. is this the case in a normal cs? i can’t remember what happened when i had mine with ds as it was 4am and i was bloody out of it plus couldn’t feel anything.
    Mine were. Makes for a larger sterile field. Also, a handy table for instruments and equipment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I believe so (M'LadyEm correct me if I'm wrong), it's to do with keeping the incision site sterile? Also legs etc for warmth I assume. You look at most surgeries (reality, not TV dramas etc) and they almost always have the area of the incision uncovered (obviously) but covering the surrounding area/s.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good review @MLadyEm. If y staples were anything to go by, it would be pretty gross to see the suturing! I’m kinda glad they show these thing even if I don’t want to watch. After I had DS by emergency, one of my friends was adamant they remove your bladder and put it on your leg for surgery. I may have mentioned it here before and while I’ve not googled, I’m pretty sure she is wrong as I would have thought removing someones bladder is a pretty extreme thing! She was convinced that is why women who have had babies had bladder issues. She’s never had kids so has no idea
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    Oh dear me very unlikely they would remove your bladder for surgery. I wonder where people get these ideas from haha
    Pretty sure they said last night as they were making the incision that they had to move the bladder out of the way (and showed where it was positioned in relation to the uterus). Maybe she got it mixed up and was thinking of that, but the leg sounded better

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah that’s what i figured.

gosh they’re quite tough when they pull the incision open and get bub out. far out!!