+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    can i just ask, i note that the lady’s lower half and nether regions are covered. is this the case in a normal cs? i can’t remember what happened when i had mine with ds as it was 4am and i was bloody out of it plus couldn’t feel anything.
    I don’t think I was covered up in my emergency c section 7.5 months ago as I remember looking up at the ceiling which was reflective and I could see everything!! It was a bit awkward and gruesome. I had to look away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I liked watching it last night was good to see what happens in an elective c section and how calm it was as opposed to my emergency one which was not a textbook one! It was funny how they described the feeling as someone doing the washing up in your tummy. My c section felt like they were giving me CPR! They were pushing so hard under my ribs and so much pressure. My bub was so stuck that the OB had to do what she called a somersault maneuvere and flip him inside me and pull him out by his legs and she said in her 20 years of delivering babies my baby was only the 5th one she’s had to do that too!! When Mel was talking to the OB last night after the c section she was going on about how getting the baby out seems like the quick part. Not in my case it wasn’t! But I’m so glad I watched it and puts my mind at ease knowing next time if I have another baby and have an elective c section like I’ve been recommended to do it should be a much better experience for me! I was a blubbering mess last night though. Brought make memories of mine which was only 7.5 months ago but feels like just yesterday still!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    Lol i curled my hair because it was my first baby and i had time to do crap like that and I was so excited i wanted to do something special for the "occasion". Yeah i didnt have to have a cap either thankfully so everyone could appreciate my nice hair whilst i was being gutted.'.
    Love it! lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (12-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EClaire86 View Post
    I don’t think I was covered up in my emergency c section 7.5 months ago as I remember looking up at the ceiling which was reflective and I could see everything!! It was a bit awkward and gruesome. I had to look away!
    mine was emergency too. i couldn’t see anything nor feel anything. it was such a blur. god i hope my lady garden isn’t on display this time. i’ll check with my ob next week haha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

EClaire86 (13-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    mine was emergency too. i couldn’t see anything nor feel anything. it was such a blur. god i hope my lady garden isn’t on display this time. i’ll check with my ob next week haha
    I can guarantee you it won’t be. A big part of what we do is maintaining dignity of the patient - and that translates to not leaving them exposed!!! If the doctor leaves you exposed I can guarantee the nurses won’t

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (12-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    Lol i curled my hair because it was my first baby and i had time to do crap like that and I was so excited i wanted to do something special for the "occasion". Yeah i didnt have to have a cap either thankfully so everyone could appreciate my nice hair whilst i was being gutted. At one of the fertility clinics i went to for ivf, they wouldnt let you wear deodorant for transfer day because apparently embryos dont like strong smells??? The second clinic i went to looked at me like i was mad when i asked if i could wear deodorant and they said 'of course'.
    I straightened my hair before my first cesarean, back in the days when i could take my time in the mornings. I also went to the hairdressers a few days before my second one because i knew it was going to be awhile before the next trip!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (12-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It’s not my thing but I would say about half of the booked caesareans at work have a full face of makeup and perfect hair. Heaps also have nails done - mostly toes but also fingers. We can work around it all I just cringe at them kissing their newborn and getting lipstick all over them.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

Calstar (12-02-2019),gorgeousgeorge (12-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Showing my ignorance here, but why do women have to be shaved for a CS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    The tv didn’t show everything, including the catheter you get. I assume the shaving is for that.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

JustJaq (12-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    It’s because of the dressing. As the incision is made right on the bikini line, you need to remove a couple of inches of hair so the dressing doesn’t get stuck to the hair. It also means that the dressing can seal completely. If there was hair in the way, it would allow bugs etc to get to the open wound and cause infection.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

JustJaq (12-02-2019)