+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sharp pains in upper thigh- 37 weeks pregnant

Hi everyone. I am 37 weeks pregnant with my second baby and For the past few weeks I have been getting these really sudden, sharp pains in my upper thighs (where the thigh meets the hips at the front). It’s not sciatica or round ligament pain. It comes on suddenly and goes just as quickly. It is so painful that I become doubled over and it scares the sh*t out of my husband. I am an active person. Has anyone had this before? If so, is there anything you tried that worked to help it?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sharp pains in upper thigh- 37 weeks pregnant

Without knowing exactly where the sharp pain is it’s hard to say but you might have some pelvic instability. I’d recommend seeing a Physio to get fitted for a support to help manage the last few weeks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashie For This Useful Post:

mrsh1984 (10-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsh1984 View Post
    Hi everyone. I am 37 weeks pregnant with my second baby and For the past few weeks I have been getting these really sudden, sharp pains in my upper thighs (where the thigh meets the hips at the front). It’s not sciatica or round ligament pain. It comes on suddenly and goes just as quickly. It is so painful that I become doubled over and it scares the sh*t out of my husband. I am an active person. Has anyone had this before? If so, is there anything you tried that worked to help it?
    Yep I had that so bad during my last few weeks of pregnancy! My legs would give way! My Osteo said it’s baby touching a nerve as they drop lower onto your cervix. She showed me a model (the type that Osteo’s have with skeleton & nerves) & pointed out the nerves she was talking about. I felt it mildly during labour too as she started descending into the birth canal. Completely normal! From memory there was nothing I could do about it either ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KJane13 View Post
    Yep I had that so bad during my last few weeks of pregnancy! My legs would give way! My Osteo said it’s baby touching a nerve as they drop lower onto your cervix. She showed me a model (the type that Osteo’s have with skeleton & nerves) & pointed out the nerves she was talking about. I felt it mildly during labour too as she started descending into the birth canal. Completely normal! From memory there was nothing I could do about it either ...
    I was watching birth lessons online and this one vid explained the nerves but also that people have nerves that spread in the area slightly differently. Which is why some feel more pain during birth than others.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jurodice For This Useful Post:

KJane13 (11-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KJane13 View Post
    Thanks! I am just glad to hear I’m not the only one going through it. It definitely feels like nerve pain as it’s so intense and it’s not like a muscle pain. I had it with my first too and found it helps when I hold my belly up. I’m carrying very low so bubs is nice and cosy down there...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsh1984 For This Useful Post:

KJane13 (11-02-2019)