+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How Often Do You Wash School Uniform?

The thread about how many loads of washing you do got me thinking... how often do you wash your child’s school uniform?

My DS just started pre-primary this week and I’ve sent him to school each morning with a freshly washed shirt and shorts. I’ve got two sets on rotation.

Am I the only one who provides a clean uniform every day? Am I giving myself extra work and should it last two days? His clothes haven’t looked dirty as such, I just feel like I should wash them at the end of his day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've always washed my kid's uniforms daily.

Primary school - was a dirt factor, and if it wasn't dirt from the playground it was texta, paint or glue from art and craft.

Highschool - BO / under arm perspiration issue with shirts, so they must be washed daily. The girls somehow still manage to get their skirts dirty / glue / stains of unknown origin, so I need to wash them daily as well.

Mine have three sets of formal uniforms so technically I only need to wash uniforms mid week and then again on the weekends. They did have five sets plus at one stage but I found it generated too much washing for the weekend so we have cut down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD has 5 school dresses, 2 PE uniforms, 2 footy uniforms, so she can do a whole week with clean uniform each day and I wash her stuff over the weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews

DS has a clean shirt everyday but we try to get 2 days out of the shorts. I have enough uniforms that I don’t have to wash during the week unless we can’t get the 2 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS has a fresh shirt every day (has 5, so no need for washing mid week).

He has 3 pairs of shorts - he occasionally wears the same pair of shorts twice (only if they look perfectly clean), though generally a pair or two will be picked up in a mid-week wash, so it's almost always clean shorts every day. Winter is the same with his long pants. Jumper/jacket will be worn for the week and won't get a wash until the weekend unless it gets visibly dirty.

Whatever is dirty by the end of the school week is washed on the weekend ready for Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents washed once a week in high school I had a new shirt every day but one set of shorts for the week which was usually enough.
    Rarely they would get dirty and need to be washed but hanging them on the line over night they were dry in time for me to leave for school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Primary school - clean uniform each day.
    High school - clean clothes each day
    No re-wearing, although they do wear denim shorts a couple of times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Well I don’t wash them every day but they wear a clean uniform every day. My children require 2 x sports uniforms a week and 3 x regular school uniforms. I have enough uniforms for each of them so that I would have new uniform each day even if I didn’t wash clothes all week. My kids are active and running around or have food stains etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wash the kids tops each day but they wear their shorts for 2 days then they go in the wash.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Each kid has 3 uniforms- 2x formal, 1x sports. Formal is worn 3 days a week, sports 2 days a week. If they are clean, I don't bother washing. If they have marks or dirt or anything, they get washed. Sports uniform gets washed after each use for obvious reasons.