+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How many loads of laundry do you do a week?

So this has been confusing me for a while. I hear a lot of parents saying they do laundry every day and couldn’t go a day without it needing to be done.

I’ve had 3 kids (2 still living). One in primary school and one in daycare. Then partner and me. I do two loads of clothes washing a week and two loads of towels. Most of that gets done over the course of one day on the weekend.

Why are we so different? Why does everyone else have so much more washing than us?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heaps. I couldn't tell you accurately, but maybe 10-14? Not uncommon to do a load a day and then 3 or 4 on the weekend. We have a 6.5kg front loader. I would love a larger machine so I could fit more into it. A set of QS sheets fills it, so there's one load each week right there.
    ETA- I also do some small loads of specialty items, like tea towels and delicates. Towels are 1-2 loads a week as well.
    Last edited by SJ565; 06-02-2019 at 22:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We do at least 1 to 2 loads a day. Usually the kids blankets and sheets if they have wet the bed. Clothes are every day or 2. Some days can be 4+ loads a day depending on how many blankets need to be washed. That's with a 10kg washing machine. Plus school uniforms, towels, dh's work clothes. We have 5 kids, 3 of which are in primary school, 1 in Kindy and 1 home full time, plus another on the way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do loads, at least one a day but often 2-3. 3 kids (including one very spewy baby), 2 adults, cloth nappies and Norwex cloths. We don’t have a large machine though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm wash at least one load most days. My washing machine seems to run all day on the weekends. I have no idea how many loads I would do in a week.

I've found I've had to do more loads per week as my kids have gotten older, simply because they are now bigger than they were when they were little and their clothes take up more space in the washing machine. Oh and double / king single beds have replaced single beds so larger sheets, we use larger bath towels now. My teens wear clothes for a minute then drop on the ground to be left in the corner for days / weeks wind up in the wash because none knows if they are clean or dirty. You get the picture.

ETA, I also do lots of smaller loads. For example I wash my work clothes separately, I also do smaller loads of things like teatowels only, cleaning rags only, one load of whites per week, delicates etc etc.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 06-02-2019 at 21:48.

Thanks
    Reviews

I would average 2 or 3 a day, but they just get done as they come up. So some days I’ll do 4 loads and some days 1. We have 3 kids in school, 1 at home and twin babies. My husband also wears a uniform for work. So that’s 11 pairs of pants and 11 shirts per day just for my 4 bigger kids (pjs, uniforms for 3 and then after school clothes) not including babies, husband and myself. Plus usually a couple of outfits for the babies. Add in swimmers because it’s summer. 8 towels every 2nd day. 6 sheet sets once a week, plus one kid needs a sheet set done every second day or so as he wets through the night a lot, so also often a second set of pjs for him too.
    Last edited by Ahalfdozen; 06-02-2019 at 21:43.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

mandmbaby (07-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    8kg (?8.5 maybe) washing machine.
    2 adults, 2 kids.

Each week our house has 5 loads. The clothes loads I don’t sort lights/darks, it’s just one at mid point of week and another at the end.
    1) clothes
    2) clothes
    3) towels/tea towels
    4) our bedding (king)
    5) kids bedding (king single and cot)

Roughly once a fortnight I do a load of delicates.

Monthly I do cushions covers and throw rugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    heaps. only have a 6.5kg machine. 3 kids, DH & I. bub #4 due any day. i sort my washing into 4 types and and hate seeing it build up in laundry trolley so will do half loads, adjusting the machine.

Thanks
    Reviews

Generally two loads a week, three during sports season. Every second week I do towels, every third week sheets. Will only do extra loads if something is urgently required. Family of 4

Thanks
    Reviews

7.5kg machine

2 adults, 2 school aged kids

5-7 loads per week - includes clothes, sheets and towels.