+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Positive blood test, now what?

So finally, after 4 transfers, we have had one (or two) little multinucleated embryos want to stick around! We were down to our last two frosties, and there was not much hope held for these ones due to their multinucleation.

12dp5dt, I’ve received a beta result of 208. My FS doesn’t want me for more bloods, just to see him for a scan on 21/2.

I’m so confused, lost, excited and petrified! What do I have to look forward to in the next 2 weeks? I’m already worried about not having more blood tests done, and am coping some pretty decent waves of heartburn already.

What can you tell me about your experience from first bloods to scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there.
    Not sure how much advice I can give but I was due to start IVF and got a bfp at 9dpo instead. Given I've had 2 losses, I asked my GP to do more tests after 3 days and again after another 3 days. I knew i would freak out if I didn't have reassurance. That wouldn't have been good for me or the pregnancy.
    Thankfully she allowed it and put my mind at ease.
    I am sure that they should allow you to have more if you are stressing about it, a simple blood test to put your mind at ease should be OK

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simyt For This Useful Post:

LS2610 (07-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2610 View Post
    So finally, after 4 transfers, we have had one (or two) little multinucleated embryos want to stick around! We were down to our last two frosties, and there was not much hope held for these ones due to their multinucleation.

12dp5dt, I’ve received a beta result of 208. My FS doesn’t want me for more bloods, just to see him for a scan on 21/2.

I’m so confused, lost, excited and petrified! What do I have to look forward to in the next 2 weeks? I’m already worried about not having more blood tests done, and am coping some pretty decent waves of heartburn already.

What can you tell me about your experience from first bloods to scan?
    You can go to your gp and ask for another test If you do it 48 hrs after your first you can see easily that the hcg is going up at a good rate. That's what I did. Otherwise you just hang around waiting for the scan. My first bt was 500ish and the second was 2000sh. I was confident all was good but even so once I was in the waiting room, I started freaking out that there would be nothing in there. All was good though.

Congrats and good luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jurodice For This Useful Post:

LS2610 (07-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes i agree about doing hcg bloods 48 hours later. Thats usually important and done to check that at this early stage your hcg should be doubling every 48 hours. This can give a good indication that pregnancy is progressing and rule out ectopic etc... If the gp you saw wont give you another blood test referal despite you requesting one for these reasons, go see a different one at a different clinic and pretend you havent done a blood test at all i reckon. Other than that, expect a waiting game between all tests, scans etc... its so nerve wracking!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

LS2610 (12-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your responses. I went to my gp, and bloods on Monday were 1800, so doubling at 1.6 days on average.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LS2610 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (12-02-2019),Hetty (16-02-2019),Simyt (12-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's a great start... now for the next bit of waiting, best wishes xx