+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default What are your dream family holiday destinations or experiences?

I was lucky enough to have an 8 week holiday (got back about 10 days ago) where we went to England (to visit family) and then onto Walt Disney World in Orlando and on a Disney cruise, plus a cheeky week in Hawaii on the way back to break up the flights.

The US bit was with my DH's family and we were very lucky to have most things pre-paid by MIL. It was an absolute dream holiday and we really enjoyed seeing the younger nieces and nephews meeting all the disney characters.

If you won the lottery, what would your dream holiday be to?

Or if you've been on a fabulous family holiday that you'd recommend to anyone else with kids, where did you go (in Australia or overseas)?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-bubhub For This Useful Post:

Mod-Wise Enough (06-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-bubhub View Post
    I was lucky enough to have an 8 week holiday (got back about 10 days ago) where we went to England (to visit family) and then onto Walt Disney World in Orlando and on a Disney cruise, plus a cheeky week in Hawaii on the way back to break up the flights.

The US bit was with my DH's family and we were very lucky to have most things pre-paid by MIL. It was an absolute dream holiday and we really enjoyed seeing the younger nieces and nephews meeting all the disney characters.

If you won the lottery, what would your dream holiday be to?

Or if you've been on a fabulous family holiday that you'd recommend to anyone else with kids, where did you go (in Australia or overseas)?
    We also love the US and have been to Disneyland and Disney World a few times because we love them so much. I'd love to spend more time road tripping through the US. I only got brave enough to drive there on our last holiday, and it was so much easier than I expected, so I'd love to do more. I'd like to see more of northern California and also Utah, Texas... ok most of the US! It all looks so good.

ETA I'm finally getting to go to Canada in September this year after many years of trying to get there, to see Banff and Lake Louise. It looks like the most beautiful place on Earth so I hope I'm not disappointed after all this time!!
    Last edited by bezzy; 05-02-2019 at 14:50.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

BH-bubhub (06-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are off to Fiji in May and I’m hopeful it will be an amazing family holiday 🤞🤞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What are your dream family holiday destinations or experiences?

We are off to Italy and surrounds shortly, I’m so excited as it’s my fav place on earth!
    Most of our time will be spent in agriturismos in Tuscany !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

BH-bubhub (06-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No real desire to go many places overseas. We are in the planning phases now for a fairly big (several month) holiday across Australia. Going from the Snowy Mtns across to Cameron’s Corner, through the Strezlecki and Oodnadatta Tracks to check out Lake Eyre and Dalhousie Springs. Up and across to Alice Springs. From there, hitting the Tanami Track across to the Kimberley. Checking out Derby and Broome before going back to Halls Creek and going down the Canning Stock Route. Eventually making our way down to Perth and then across the Nullabor. Then probably down past Mt Gambier, through the middle of Vic, up through the high country and back into the Snowys. Fingers crossed everything will be ready by 2020
    Later this year, probably going up to Cape York for 3 weeks.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1 (06-02-2019),BH-bubhub (06-02-2019),mandmbaby (06-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Singapore is amazing for the whole family. We went a couple of years ago and DS1 is always asking to go back. So much to see and do! Our faves were the day and night zoos, Kidzania is the coolest place ever, Gardens by the Bay, the Aquarium and eating by the lake. We stayed at a gorgeous resort on Sentosa with peacocks everywhere, a huge pool and a pond with the fish that eat your dead skin on your feet (super gross but a highlight for DS1!).

I'm hoping to take the kids to Sri Lanka and Thailand in a couple of years when DS2 is a little older. I love both countries and look forward to returning with kids. Hong Kong was one of my favourite holiday destinations as a child but I haven't been in years.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tainted For This Useful Post:

BH-bubhub (06-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got back from California- yep Disneyland was totally wonderful- out family had the most magical time there. If I won lotto, I would do more Disney- Florida plus a cruise. Simply for the magic of it when the kids are in that zone.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

BH-bubhub (06-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    @Ahalfdozen - that sounds fabulous. We'd love to see updates of your trip whilst you are away. I think taking time out like that is something that many would love to do, but not many are brave enough to take the leap!

I like the idea of Fiji for a family holiday - anybody got any favourite resorts there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-bubhub View Post
    @Ahalfdozen - that sounds fabulous. We'd love to see updates of your trip whilst you are away. I think taking time out like that is something that many would love to do, but not many are brave enough to take the leap!
    Really, we would love to take a year and do “the lap” but it’s just not really possible with husbands job. However, it’s a lot easier scheduling these types of holidays when it’s only his job we have to work around. If I were working too, it just wouldn’t happen so while the kids are still small and I’m still a SAHM it’s the perfect time. Will sign the kids up for school of the air while we are gone and just enjoy the freedom for a while

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

BH-bubhub (07-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The dream is a cruise in Norway and to see the northern lights.

We did 5 weeks camping in the NT last year and it was fantastic. Planning Tassie and NZ for next year.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (06-02-2019),BH-bubhub (07-02-2019)