+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 106 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Serum have back up donors going when your donor is cycling incase your donor doesn’t produce enough eggs or something else goes wrong at the time of epu, if everything is ok with your donor they then have to retrieve eggs from the back up donor and these are fertilised with donor sperm, these are where the embryos come from, same as dogus where I’m going to. They do this at zlin as well, and reprofit.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Moc24 (09-02-2019),Superaunty (09-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Risa78 View Post
    @Kalina I always think of embryo adoption/donation as being already created embryos (eg someone who has completed their family and donating their embryos). But I’ve also seen it used a few times recently for what I would call ‘double donor’ ie new embryos created for you from double donors. I guess it’s hard to set these terms in stone with all the language differences, lol!
    @Superaunty I agree it’s odd they are saying that!

PGS checks number of chromosomes only. All women produce aneuploid eggs sometimes so genetic screening can’t help with that.

PGD tests for a specific genetic concern (eg a disease that runs in a family). This often requires a custom test to be designed to find the specific gene mutation and I’ve heard of them doing genetic testing on a few blood relatives to identify the mutation so they can build into the PGD test ... so totally makes sense that may not be possible with donor embryos.

I agree with Kalina that if you can find out the age of the donors and they are both young (egg donor in particular) then you have great chance of the embryo being good. If the embryos are already frozen, I would worry a little bit about the risk of thawing, PGD testing, refreezing, then thawing for transfer. There’s always a risk that might cause too much trauma to the embies.

I’d love to hear more about the embryo adoption, will pm you

R
    Yes I agree about the risks and don't think I would test them now but was just curious whether they had been tested before freezing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stacey10 View Post
    Serum have back up donors going when your donor is cycling incase your donor doesn’t produce enough eggs or something else goes wrong at the time of epu, if everything is ok with your donor they then have to retrieve eggs from the back up donor and these are fertilised with donor sperm, these are where the embryos come from, same as dogus where I’m going to. They do this at zlin as well, and reprofit.
    Thanks@stacey10, good to know

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Superaunty you know if you wanted to go to Czech you could, all you need is a male “friend” who would sign the consent forms as your male partner, and you could get around it, you can go by yourself and just take all the signed consent forms, clinics vary, with zlin I had to have the forms notarised but I believe at reprofit you just have to take a signed photo copy of their passports plus the filled out forms.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Moc24 (09-02-2019),Phia (09-02-2019),Superaunty (09-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Just wanted your advice before transfer on Monday. I've been very relaxed up until now but have to say tonight I am feeling a little anxious.

I had no luck for weeks getting through to Dr M via phone or email to see if I should change my protocol so I stuck to last time except a tiny difference with prendisilone. There is no way I'd recommend Dr M to anyone now. For what he charges and for what you get I see no value in it and feel like he just puts everyone on the same thing.

So this is what I'm currently on.

7 progynova a day
    Estradot patch (change over every 3-4 days)
    4 pessaries a day
    1 methyl folate a day
    2 doxyclycine (3 days before transfer for a week)
    Clexane: one a day
    2 prendislone a day
    Ostolin one a day
    Diabex one a day
    My FS at home told me that coq10 doesn't do anything so I didn't do it this time around and Dr M last time had me on 3 prendislone a day but my FS said 2

Is there anything else you've been on after failed transfers? Not sure if the Doxycycline is any good as I remember seeing others that Dr M had changed this after failed trys?

Thanks all!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

Notalone (10-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    I'm not the most relaxed flyer either - I got some valium. I found half a tablet before take-off was enough to calm the nerves. During the longer leg I took another en route.
    Thanks @Kalina
    Might be something I consider this time. I have heard that some FS prescribe this too, to relax the uterus/patient as well on transfer day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juventina View Post
    Hi ladies. Just wanted your advice before transfer on Monday. I've been very relaxed up until now but have to say tonight I am feeling a little anxious.

I had no luck for weeks getting through to Dr M via phone or email to see if I should change my protocol so I stuck to last time except a tiny difference with prendisilone. There is no way I'd recommend Dr M to anyone now. For what he charges and for what you get I see no value in it and feel like he just puts everyone on the same thing.

7 progynova a day
    4 pessaries a day
    1 methyl folate a day
    2 prendislone a day
    Ostolin one a day
    Diabex one a day
    My FS at home told me that coq10 doesn't do anything so I didn't do it this time around and Dr M last time had me on 3 prendislone a day but my FS said 2

Is there anything else you've been on after failed transfers? Not sure if the Doxycycline is any good as I remember seeing others that Dr M had changed this after failed trys?

Thanks all!
    I’m sorry about Dr M - my experience was any time he wanted to talk it basically book an appointment (which was a five min phone call) and $175. But that’s his style.

The doxycycline is an antibiotic so important in my eyes.

When you say two pred what’s the dosage? 10 20?

You’re pretty much on everything so looking good. I wasn’t on half those things but had plaquenil.

Fingers crossed looking good.

Zen time!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Juventina (10-02-2019),Notalone (10-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Juventina View Post

7 progynova a day
    4 pessaries a day
    1 methyl folate a day
    2 prendislone a day
    Ostolin one a day
    Diabex one a day

Thanks all!
    Hi Juventina
    I also have rung DRM this week as I need a referral to a hospital for the intralipid infusion as my FS doesn’t agree to it. And I have heard nothing back so far.
    All of the above is exactly what DR M has me on except Diabex. I am debating the antibiotic (doxycycline)
    You are doing everything you can, and I really really hope this is your time

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeLee1980 For This Useful Post:

Juventina (10-02-2019),Notalone (10-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Juventina best of luck for transfer tomorrow xx

What dosage are the pred x2 a day you are on? If they are 5mg (so 10mg per day) I would increase to 3 (15mg). The clinics that prescribed pred as a matter of course put their patients on 15mg and my fs told me that there is no point taking less than 15mg. I know the body produces 5-10mg naturally so I think the idea is that you give it more than it would naturally produduce. When you start taking pred your body stops producing it. Hence the need to wean off slowly so that your body takes back over production.
    That’s just what I have been told so ultimately just do what you think is best.
    Sounds like you have all your boxes ticked, have a good rest after transfer, the 48 hours afterwards are the most important time.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Moc24 For This Useful Post:

Juventina (10-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Juventina Dr M has me on 25mg predisolone and 200 plaquenil, doxycycline and Diabex.
    My FS put me on estraderm patch every two days and 4 progynova daily as last time a lower dose didn't stop me ovulating.
    Also on COQ10. D, E, folinic acid, elevit and Caltrax calcium.
    But I have very high ANA normally and bordeline lupus, so maybe I'm on extra strength.

Also did intralipids one week out and will do on day of transfer.

Plus I'm taking Prolutex injections daily for progesterone plus the utrogestan pessaries.
    Its probably overkill on the progesterone but I don't think it can harm.

And clexane daily but not on day of transfer.

I hope this helps.

GOOD LUCK!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Justme007 For This Useful Post:

Juventina (10-02-2019)