+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Juventina View Post
    Yes we have. But after multiple times here in Oz plus five times in Greece we just have to face facts that it won’t happen. We are literally gone through every test, surgery, procedure and medication on the market with different protocols, doctors etc.
    What can I say?
    I know exactly how you feel, it must be hard to reach this point. I’m feeling so over it at this point and I haven’t even made it on the plane to go over.
    Thinking of you

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeLee1980 For This Useful Post:

Justme007 (20-02-2019),Juventina (20-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stacey10 View Post
    @Emeraldrose look into taking serrapeptase for your fibroids, if your not going to try again until October, it will give it time to work, it’s an enzyme that will break down your fibroid without having to have an op to remove it, just google serrapeptase and fibroids.
    @stacey10 thanks , will do a google search. I’d absolutely try to avoid an operation. I don’t like hospitals and have never been admitted other than IVF that is.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Emeraldrose For This Useful Post:

Phia (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Juventina im so sorry ive been trying to think of something helpful to say but im lost for words, sigh. xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Juventina (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Juventina View Post
    You need the following for Supercare for OS treatment (I’ve done it)

GP fill out DHS form and accompanying letter
    Psychiatrist fill out DHS form and report and GP needs to then co stamp it
    FS in oz if you have one with letter detailing what you’ve done here and why you need to go OS
    Quotes from overseas with treatment costs broken down plus Dr N also did a letter

This was in addition to airfare and accommodation quotes

I should add they have really started to clamp down on it for OS applications so have every type of documentation available as we did to support your case. We did it 18 months ago and they do delay some cases now but Supercare won’t tell you that until it’s “sitting on DHS desk waiting to be looked at”. I would not use Supercare again if I needed to. If you know what you’re doing and what you need correctly there is no need to pay them the $1400 for you doing all the work.
    Yes I’ve done all that, did it yesterday with the psych and GP. Application is ready to go shortly. The system changed mid last year, it’s handled by the ATO now, not the DHS. Ours is a particularly complicated case, we couldn’t have handled it ourselves. And fortunately we only got charged the $980 instead of $1480 due to a clerical error, so they waived the rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Juventina @Emeraldrose I am so sorry to hear your news... my heart breaks for you guys.. take your time to heal before deciding on your next time .. hugs

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tinker27 For This Useful Post:

Juventina (Today)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m thinking of you too @Juventina and @Emeraldrose. Life can be so cruel, I’m so sorry. Sending you much love and strength xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Peninsula Girl For This Useful Post:

Juventina (Today)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck if you're still testing tomorrow @Justme007

Thanks
    Reviews
    I told my sister last night about my diagnosis that i've received from the blood tests about NK cells etc and said i was getting a cyst removed off the ovaries, removal of endo plus hysteroscopy and biopsy. And that I'd need intrallipid infusions, injections and prednisone.

She doesn't have kids, was unable to and has had a partial hysterectomy as she had problems with really bad endo.

Her response to my diagnosis so far was...
    "do you really want to do all that? Might be easier to adopt. Cos even after all that you can't guarantee you will get a bub. Just get a hysterectomy and life will be sweeter, best thing i ever did. I just think - if it was me, take a hint and move on. Time to think other plans. But yep see how the hospital trip goes, just don't get your hopes up and get started with adoption while young cos as you get older, less options of age groups etc. I am in my mid forties - i couldn't think of anything worse than doing the kid thing now for me. Have back up plans ready, it's not the end of the world. Get your answers and go from there BUT don't do emotional decisions, think rational."

Now...I know she means well, i know she's had failed ivf rounds. She didn't go down embryo or egg donation paths. And I know I should look at it positively.

There's a really really really big part of me that thinks - How friggin insensitive! Who the frig says these things to someone going through what I am. ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Just because you've come to terms with not having kids, you are 47, i turn 45 at the end of the year, I'm in my mid forties - does that mean I shouldn't be having kids that it's a bad thing to do in your mid forties? OMG!

Should I take this as a hint?
    Should I go back to greece and try donor embryos again?
    Am I wrong to want to try again?
    I should at least wait to see that there isn't any worse results from the hysteroscopy and uterus biopsy shouldn't I?
    I shouldn't be questioning myself should I?
    I am a single woman, technically taken as I have a boyfriend (feels like a wrong word to call him when i'm in my 40s lol) of 10months. We haven't even talked about the next step after my surgery. Adoptions are usually in favour of a married couple, and it takes a bloody long time for the adoption to go through and you usually have to go through fostering to start the process from what i've read. Does said BF want to try adopting? I don't know - haven't even had the conversation about it.

So many questions and all my self doubt started with letting my older sister know. I thought she'd understand knowing she'd been through what she has with infertility issues of her own.

I think i'm blowing it all out of proportion.

Sorry. Rant over. Just felt the only place I can have this convo is with people who understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Juventina and @Emeraldrose
    Life can be so cruel
    Sending you both virtual big hugs lovely ladies