+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 106 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default EggDonation Greece #16

Totally agree that everyone must choose what is right for them and no right or wrong. While we all have the same end goal of motherhood, there are many different paths to getting there and each of us needs to find the path that works for us. I guess for me, the mummy guilt is worrying over whether my child will want to find out info and make contact with his/her donors and trying my best to have that option available for him/her. But at the end of the day if it means it makes it difficult to have a baby in the first place, then maybe that is something I need to look past. Such big and life altering decisions and I'm not even a mother yet. Totally in awe of all of you who are and need to make decisions affecting your child every day. Thankyou again for all of the information and advice, you ladies are awesome.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Superaunty For This Useful Post:

Kalina (03-02-2019),Notalone (03-02-2019),Phia (09-02-2019),Risa78 (02-02-2019),RubyT78 (24-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superaunty View Post
    Totally agree that everyone must choose what is right for them and no right or wrong. While we all have the same end goal of motherhood, there are many different paths to getting there and each of us needs to find the path that works for us. I guess for me, the mummy guilt is worrying over whether my child will want to find out info and make contact with his/her donors and trying my best to have that option available for him/her. But at the end of the day if it means it makes it difficult to have a baby in the first place, then maybe that is something I need to look past. Such big and life altering decisions and I'm not even a mother yet. Totally in awe of all of you who are and need to make decisions affecting your child every day. Thankyou again for all of the information and advice, you ladies are awesome.
    This

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Risa78 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (02-02-2019),Kalina (03-02-2019),Notalone (03-02-2019),Superaunty (03-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    [QUOTE=Superaunty;8881695]Totally agree that everyone must choose what is right for them and no right or wrong. While we all have the same end goal of motherhood, there are many different paths to getting there and each of us needs to find the path that works for us. I guess for me, the mummy guilt is worrying over whether my child will want to find out info and make contact with his/her donors and trying my best to have that option available for him/her. But at the end of the day if it means it makes it difficult to have a baby in the first place, then maybe that is something I need to look past. Such big and life altering decisions and I'm not even a mother yet. Totally in awe of all of you who are and need to make decisions affecting your child every day. Thankyou again for all of the information and advice, you ladies are awesome

.[/QUOTE @Superaunty you're very welcome. Honestly i think we have all struggled with the same things, I certainly know I have. It's not somethong to be done lightly and it is a big decision. Its just that some of us have already been through the struggle and come to terms with it. Id be more worried if you didn't have thoughts ,questions, apprehensions etc... coz that would just be weird.
    Honestly, if you read my posts from when I started in like 2017 i think, you'd see I had all the same thought too so dont feel the need to downplay your feelings and stuff. Its very easy to sound "well adjusted" once you've spent months/years working through all this stuff and especially once you actually get a baby. xx
    Choosing a clinic was a very difficult time for me. And i still think often about how the whole anonymous donor thing will play out for my daughter in the future. I feel weirdly guilty about how i feel about it, which is that despite how it may affect her, i wouldnt do anything differently because then I wouldn't have her/the unique individual that she is and I wouldnt give up getting her for anything. Its all a bit of a mind fruck really.
    It's not our fault that we needed DE and all these issues are not something that we wanted or asked for. Its something that life has thrown at us, that we are all trying to deal with as best we can. xx
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 02-02-2019 at 22:37.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Notalone (03-02-2019),Phia (09-02-2019),RubyT78 (06-03-2019),Superaunty (03-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So true @gorgeousgeorge are you going to reach out to the European Sperm Bank to see if you can get a more detailed profile? My most recent sperm donor was from them and I got a 20 page profile, personality report and a 20min voice interview. Well worth asking for it in case Vivienne ever wants to know more.

R

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Risa78 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (02-02-2019),Notalone (03-02-2019),Phia (03-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Risa78 View Post
    So true @gorgeousgeorge are you going to reach out to the European Sperm Bank to see if you can get a more detailed profile? My most recent sperm donor was from them and I got a 20 page profile, personality report and a 20min voice interview. Well worth asking for it in case Vivienne ever wants to know more.

R
    Ooh i didn't know that. Yes I'll ask them for sure. Im not sure why i thought dr.n used Cryos. I could have just checked my info sheet-der! I wonder if maybe he's changed or used different clinics because im sure an old poster on here told me hers was from Cryos but maybe some people choose their own sperm clinic and send it to embryoland. Was a bit mixed up with all that info. I should go back and edit it so i dont give people the wrong info. I think the ID release sperm donor thing is a new thing as I don't remember reading it on the Embryoland site when I was making plans to go there but i checked out the site the other day and its there now.
    My info sheet does say "no contact" but i will see what i can find out. Tbh the only thing I wish i knew but dont is to know the egg donors country of origin. It says Caucasian but i remember dr.n telling me she wasn't Greek, so i guess living in Greece but not Greek heritage. Id like to at least be able to teach Viv about the heritage/history of the country and Greek would have been ideal as im a greek/roman history teacher. I have been learning about Scandanavians and Viking though so that's been cool. Just wish I knew more than "Caucasian" for the egg donor. Anyways, i am all typed out for tonight! Has been nice chatting about all sorts :-)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Notalone (03-02-2019),Phia (03-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    The one thing I wish I had done is opted for stored cord blood. I feel a bit guilty that I didn’t look into it...
    Anyone else think about it?
    Hi @Phia, we've been grappling with it and finally decided to do it! I registered the other day. It can currently be used to treat 80 diseases. There are trials going on for other diseases too. I see it as a bit of a gamble as well as a 'limited' insurance policy.I There are no guaramtees. I believe there is a risk that it may not thaw well. Also, if it does thaw well, it's only going to help in certain diseases. I asked my sonographer who is also an OB, as well as my OB, who both thought it was worth the risk. I kind of recall ticking a box on my NIPT referral form expressing interest in knowing more. That's the only reason I came across ot. Otherwise, it would have never occurred to me.if it helps, i believe the stats show that the chance of needing it is very low. Dh found that stat but i can't remember what it was. Xx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Notalone For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (03-02-2019),Phia (03-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Superaunty and @gorgeousgeorge some clinics call double donor, donor embryos, which can get confusing, @Superaunty, you probably want to look for clinics that say embryo adoption, that is when they have embryos that can be left over from a cycle from either double donation, in some countries only double donation embryos can be adopted out, or they can be from other couples who have decided they have finished with their family and would like to donate their embryos to another couple, I’m doing donated embryos/embryo adoption, mine are from double donors.
    Last edited by stacey10; 03-02-2019 at 09:08.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (03-02-2019),Notalone (03-02-2019),Phia (03-02-2019),Superaunty (03-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to everyone here, you ladies and this thread have been a wealth of information. 😊👍

I just got my second call from Dr K, both unexpected but quite welcome. He’s very eager to help. He spent an hour with us on Skype on Friday going over everything.

He is going to do our early release of super forms, save waiting another 5 weeks to see Dr NL. Anyone who has used super to pay for donor IVF, have you found there’s a limit to the amount you can withdraw? We were hoping to take out enough to pay for 2 donor cycles, but I gather there’s a cap on the amount. Message me if not comfortable discussing it here. Thanks 🙂

16. The Following User Says Thank You to purpleowl For This Useful Post:

Notalone (03-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleowl View Post
    Thanks to everyone here, you ladies and this thread have been a wealth of information. ������������

I just got my second call from Dr K, both unexpected but quite welcome. He’s very eager to help. He spent an hour with us on Skype on Friday going over everything.

He is going to do our early release of super forms, save waiting another 5 weeks to see Dr NL. Anyone who has used super to pay for donor IVF, have you found there’s a limit to the amount you can withdraw? We were hoping to take out enough to pay for 2 donor cycles, but I gather there’s a cap on the amount. Message me if not comfortable discussing it here. Thanks ������
    I used super to pay for my last Aust. cycle in January. You can only withdraw enough for 1 cycle at a time. Not sure if there is an overall limit over a few cycles. I am hoping to use it for my overseas cycle as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stacey10 View Post
    @Superaunty and @gorgeousgeorge some clinics call double donor, donor embryos, which can get confusing, @Superaunty, you probably want to look for clinics that say embryo adoption, that is when they have embryos that can be left over from a cycle from either double donation, in some countries only double donation embryos can be adopted out, or they can be from other couples who have decided they have finished with their family and would like to donate their embryos to another couple, I’m doing donated embryos/embryo adoption, mine are from double donors.
    Thanks stacey10. I have read all of the previous thread but I can't remember if you mentioned which clinic you were going through. If you don't mind sharing I would be interested to know as I am finding it difficult to find options for embryo adoption.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Superaunty For This Useful Post:

Notalone (03-02-2019)