+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Second hand smoke!!

Hi ladies,
    Sorry I need to vent!! I was at a family picnic and this group of men kept smoking right next to us! Several times I walked away each time I could smell them light up again and again... I’m so angry that they were smoking in an area that they should not have been! I feel like each time I step out of my house there is a hazard! And the amount of times I’ve had to avoid people smoking really frustrates me It’s far too common!!
    Apparently second hand smoke can cause miscarriage, disformities to the baby and all sorts of things... I’m really worried now
    Anyone know anything more on this? Is my baby in danger?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    While gross a couple of hours of exposure isn’t going to cause issues in your pregnancy. If you lived with someone and were constantly exposed that would be different.

I know it’s scary but your bubba is safe in there and you are doing everything right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i wouldn’t have thought exposure from an isolated incident would cause issues. as pointed out, it would be sustained and prolonged exposure that could cause issues. i’ve never heard of smoking causing deformities, small birth size sure, but not deformities. i wouldn’t stress too much. i find second hand smoke vile too, and i’m an ex smoker. although this pregnancy i’ll go past someone smoking out the front of the local shopping center and ill inhale deeply, it’s like a whiff of something forbidden i’m almost 26 weeks pregnant and it’s never caused any issues. you and bub will be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would think if you were living with a smoker it would be more of a problem.
    While being out and about with smokers nearby is annoying i doubt it will cause major problems.