Threaded View

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Interesting to read the various alternatives

At my son's school, a public primary in Victoria, there is no religious teachings. They do math, English, science, art, pe, computers, Indonesian and music. I think in missing one, but it's just basically the core subjects as at any school.
    There's never been any talk of, or communications about religious teachings. The school *used* to have religious teachings once a week where a church volunteer would come and give a lesson .....I chose not to attend (I went to this school, and mum gave me the choice In higher grades)... we sat In the divided off part of the classroom, and were given coloring, word searches, or time to complete research projects etc. I mentioned to my mum only recently *who* did the religious teachings, and she was gobsmacked! The lady was....of a questionable level of sound mind (literally.... to put it nicely).

Anyway ...Someone asked earlier In the thread about where the main interactions with this child would be....99% of them are at school. The friend used to visit our house occasionally, but not at the time ds was bringing it up...so those interactions HAD to have taken place at school.

And responding to other comments, I too hope it's a phase.... like my wiccan, and "black" (not goth or emo) phases 🤣
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 27-01-2019 at 23:54.