+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default PRP (Platlet Rich Plasma) infusions in Australia?

Hey ladies, has anyone had PRP treatment in Australia? I haven't been able to find any clinic that does it. It's a relatively new treatment, though available overseas and has been shown to help those of us with lining issues: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4358582/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi aweb031, I had this procedure done with Professor Vancaillie in Sydney last year (he also treated my ashermans). Sadly I didn't see any improvement in lining thickness but I'm told I am the exception not the rule.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WishfulT For This Useful Post:

aweb031 (21-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WishfulT View Post
    Hi aweb031, I had this procedure done with Professor Vancaillie in Sydney last year (he also treated my ashermans). Sadly I didn't see any improvement in lining thickness but I'm told I am the exception not the rule.
    Thanks WishfulT - I'm sorry this didn't have any impact for you. Where you able to find something that did?

I went to my FS appt today expecting to have to convince her to refer me to someone who does it (possibly overseas) but she's done it and I am booked in for Wed!! (She's also worked with Prof V in the past). So fingers crossed! My lining is at 4.9mm after nearly 3 weeks on estrogen. Over it.

While she doesn't think I have ashermans, my lining 'doesn't look good' after a D&C a year ago following a MMC (my 2nd D&C and 2nd MMC) - as it doesn't appear to have recovered after this. It was such a battle to get embryo's and now we have those, it appears that we are battling to get a decent lining. Best in the past year has been 6.5mm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and before I forget - did it hurt at all? I've had 2 HSG's and they were super painful - I wasn't warned for the first one that I could take pain meds, so any heads up would be great.

Also, you mentioned it didn't work - did it make the asherman's come back?? One of the risks I have to sign off on is the possibility of making any scarring worse, which happened to one of my FS's paitents, so a little nervous about that too. Thanks again x
    Last edited by aweb031; 21-01-2019 at 17:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by aweb031 View Post
    Oh and before I forget - did it hurt at all? I've had 2 HSG's and they were super painful - I wasn't warned for the first one that I could take pain meds, so any heads up would be great.

Also, you mentioned it didn't work - did it make the asherman's come back?? One of the risks I have to sign off on is the possibility of making any scarring worse, which happened to one of my FS's paitents, so a little nervous about that too. Thanks again x
    I had the same problem after being diagnosed with ashermans syndrome by Prof V. He did my first PRP when I had my hysterescopy, then after that I did them with Dr M, the immunologist doc in Sydney. At first they didn’t seem to do much, but after a few months of doing them I think they worked! I managed to get to 7.3mm on a frozen cycle which was amazing for me and I fell pregnant. We did do low stims too as I reacted better to that than estrogen pills which did nothing!

The PRP is not painful at all. I know an FS that does them in Sydney wonder if you’re seeing her? I saw her a couple of times but went back to Genea. On the side I also took Tamoxifen, without my FS’ knowledge. Worth researching this! I think that tamoxifen in combination with PRP over time is what worked.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Buffy54 For This Useful Post:

aweb031 (21-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck aweb031, please update us on how you go.

I had 3 d&cs for mmc in 2016/2017. Started ivf last year and my lining has not gotten over 5mm, usually hovering around 4.5mm. I've tried just about everything including every old wives tale I could find but nothing has worked for me yet. Asides from the thinness, I'm told it all looks healthy.

Happy to report that there was no pain whatsoever afterwards, I was expecting it to be a little sore but didn't feel a thing.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WishfulT For This Useful Post:

aweb031 (21-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by aweb031 View Post
    All clear for ashermans, I just didn't see an improvement in thickness. I only had very low grade ashermans to begin with.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WishfulT For This Useful Post:

aweb031 (21-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck aweb031, please update us on how you go.

I had 3 d&cs for mmc in 2016/2017. Started ivf last year and my lining has not gotten over 5mm, usually hovering around 4.5mm. I've tried just about everything including every old wives tale I could find but nothing has worked for me yet. Asides from the thinness, I'm told it all looks healthy.

Happy to report that there was no pain whatsoever afterwards, I was expecting it to be a little sore but didn't feel a thing.
    I was in the same position as you. Couldn’t get above 4. Have you tried Tamoxifen? My last resort was stem cell therapy in Melbourne, but the tamoxifen combined with low dose stims over a few months is what seemed to work and I didnt need to resort to this. There’s one doctor that does it here in Australia.
    Last edited by Buffy54; 21-01-2019 at 18:26.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Buffy54 For This Useful Post:

aweb031 (21-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy54 View Post
    I had the same problem after being diagnosed with ashermans syndrome by Prof V. He did my first PRP when I had my hysterescopy, then after that I did them with Dr M, the immunologist doc in Sydney. At first they didn’t seem to do much, but after a few months of doing them I think they worked! I managed to get to 7.3mm on a frozen cycle which was amazing for me and I fell pregnant. We did do low stims too as I reacted better to that than estrogen pills which did nothing!

The PRP is not painful at all. I know an FS that does them in Sydney wonder if you’re seeing her? I saw her a couple of times but went back to Genea. On the side I also took Tamoxifen, without my FS’ knowledge. Worth researching this! I think that tamoxifen in combination with PRP over time is what worked.
    Whoohoo, congrats! And yes my FS said that even if this doesn't work, hopefully it will improve over time - I'm actually based in Brisbane & my FS is Dr CB. Next cycle they will try lose dose stim meds as the patches are doing bugger all - the pills not much better.

I'm also on Trental, which is meant to have the same impact the Tamoxifen does, so hopefully the combination will mean we eventually get there! And I'm glad to hear it's not painful. Thanks for the information - bring on Wed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi buffy, I haven't tried tamoxifen but sounds like you've had some good results with it. I'm not sure I could get my fs on board as he can be quite conservative. Would you mind sending me some more info about your experience with it?