+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When we travel with DS he sleeps in a bed, he tends to fall out but we have pillows beside the bed so he kinda rolls down onto them and stays asleep 🤣 He is a bit disruptive the first night and acts like the bed gymnastics equipment but settles after that. I share a bed with him as we’re in hotels so no two bedrooms. He always goes back to his cot happily when we get home. He’s still in a cot at 3.5 because he rolls all over the place and falls out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    When we used to holiday with toddlers who were a bit big for travel cots but not in beds yet i have twice hired a proper cot from a baby hire place that got delivered and set up by them and collected the same way
    I've used those places but I find the collapsible cots a bit rickety? Ds is 17kg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bezzy View Post
    When we travel with DS he sleeps in a bed, he tends to fall out but we have pillows beside the bed so he kinda rolls down onto them and stays asleep 🤣 He is a bit disruptive the first night and acts like the bed gymnastics equipment but settles after that. I share a bed with him as we’re in hotels so no two bedrooms. He always goes back to his cot happily when we get home. He’s still in a cot at 3.5 because he rolls all over the place and falls out!
    3.5 that's a record! I'm hoping to match that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BB77 View Post
    3.5 that's a record! I'm hoping to match that.
    I don’t think it’s occurred to him that he’ll go into a big bed, he never tries to climb out, so I’m just leaving him lol. He’s tiny so he’s fine size wise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've used those places but I find the collapsible cots a bit rickety? Ds is 17kg
    I reckon DD2 was about 20kg or more.lol
    The ones i hired werent collapsible they were full size cots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    I reckon DD2 was about 20kg or more.lol
    The ones i hired werent collapsible they were full size cots.
    Any chance you remember the company name?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Any chance you remember the company name?
    Sorry i dont, i just checked thru my email in case i had a confirmation but must be too long ago now.

I would have just internet searched thru hire companies in that area and emailed asking for full size cots.

Sorry, hope you find what you need

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bezzy View Post
    When we travel with DS he sleeps in a bed, he tends to fall out but we have pillows beside the bed so he kinda rolls down onto them and stays asleep ������ He is a bit disruptive the first night and acts like the bed gymnastics equipment but settles after that. I share a bed with him as we’re in hotels so no two bedrooms. He always goes back to his cot happily when we get home. He’s still in a cot at 3.5 because he rolls all over the place and falls out!
    Seems like we both have rollers in our families
    We used a bed rail for my daughter when she moved into a big bed. The other side was up against the wall, she was also a big mover. Once we took the side off she never had any issues, she was a lot older though.
    While we were in hotels and co-sleeping between us wasn't an option, I simply used all the pillows we had (and even asked for extra ones) to make her a little nest between us (http://prntscr.com/o2q10x) so she won't roll out. Cheaper than rails and you don't need to pack them.
    Last edited by october and april; 17-06-2019 at 12:31. Reason: photo added