+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Seeking Egg Donor - Could you help our baby dream come true?

Hello! It seems we are at the end of a long road - unless we are lucky enough to find an extraordinary person to be our egg donor.

We are a family of three and have been trying for the last 6 years to have another much-wanted baby. Our young son has also been campaigning for years for another brother or sister! It is sad to never be able to answer if this dream can happen. We would dearly love another child to complete our family.

After my son was born, I did fall pregnant again without help 3 years ago but sadly our baby daughter, Zoe, was stillborn. We learned at this time that I carry an unusual genetic mutation, which does not affect me personally – except in this one way, I have compromised eggs and so this means much reduced fertility and extremely high risk of complex pregnancies. My son was also born prematurely and we spent a long time in hospital before he came home.

Since my baby daughters death, I have completed three unsuccessful rounds of IVF. As such, we’ve been advised that an egg donor at this point is really our only chance. If you have it in your heart to help us – we would love to talk to you.

We are hopeful for a kind and generous donor angel under 35 years of age, who is willing to help us with this great gift of love and life.

We live near the coast and enjoy spending time outdoors, swimming, surfing etc. also camping trip holidays and just time together as a family. We would love to broaden the circle of our family with another child who could enjoy these experiences and grow into their own interests and talents. We would plan to tell the child from a young age that they are a special child, that we had wanted them so much we asked for help from a special lady to make it possible. We would make it a normal part of their life and we would be sure to do it in an age appropriate way.

Please contact us if you would like to have a chat – very happy to just to talk to see if we are a good match for you with no pressure. If things were to progress, we will be eternally grateful for your generosity. We warmly wait to hear from you, and of course will reimburse all related travel and medical expenses. Thank you for your interest and time in reading our story.

Last edited by HummingbirdBlue; 16-01-2019 at 10:47.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HummingbirdBlue For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (18-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you thought about going overseas for egg donation. I went to Greece and now have a gorgeous son. It is super easy and costs about the same as an ivf round in Aus. There are threads for Greece, South Africa and Czech Republic if you are interested. Goodluck

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Moc24 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    As the other person mentioned .... have you considered going overseas? You will find so much info on the net about donor egg. If you consider IVF Spain, here's my review. Our baby boy has just turned 7 months old now, I'm so grateful to IVF Spain for their help.

https://www.bubhub.com.au/community/...cle-my-review-)

I wish you the bestest of luck!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ves For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you both for your suggestion about overseas clinics. I guess I was just hoping to go local if I could. I will look at the threads you suggest. Did you find that health insurance was an issue for getting treatment O/S?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HummingbirdBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I’ve also been o/s, you don’t need health insurance for de o/s as it’s way simpler that’s doing ivf

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I.hope your dream comes true. xx
    I was on another forum where a lovely lady told me Cape fertility in cape town is where most Australians go get donor eggs. I contacted them and they are amazing, the FS replied to my email direct.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HummingbirdBlue View Post
    Thank you both for your suggestion about overseas clinics. I guess I was just hoping to go local if I could. I will look at the threads you suggest. Did you find that health insurance was an issue for getting treatment O/S?
    Hi i do wish you luck with your search for a local donor but if you dont succeed, get tired of the process or of waiting, i can recommend overseas donation too. Like @Moc24 (hi greece buddy) said its easier, quicker (can be organised in 6-8 weeks) and about the same price as paying for a donor's retrieval, and their travel costs and meds and scans in Australia as you dont get a medicare rebate as your donor doesn't have a medical issue so they aren't entitled to medicare. And yes you dont need insurance as the procedure is basically the same as getting a pap smearor like a typical embryo transfer of your own embryo as you would know from your own ivf, so just the "tongs" to open your cervix and the catheter to insert the embryo, takes 5 minuted, so no risks. I went to Greece like @Moc24 and have a 1year old daughter after 7 years of trying. I did try to find a local donor but the process wasnt fun for me. Advertising yourself, being rejected and waiting indefinitely did my head in. Although i know many other women had positive experiences so dont give up based on only my experiences. I do wish you well and hope your dreams come true, just mentioning oseas donation as its always nice to have a plan b, c, d etc... just in case. xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Moc24 (18-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HummingbirdBlue View Post
    Hi @HummingbirdBlue

I am doing DE o/s but before I made that decision I did look locally. I also looked into a company that organised donors to travel. http://www.travelingdonors.com.

They send you photos etc of your donor but I prefer anonymous plus I also wanted to go to Spain because I had read good reviews from a lot of people in these forums. My local IVF clinic also said Spain is very highly regarded in IVF and DE. All the best with your research and choosing the best for you and your family.