+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Cruise lines

We are considering taking a cruise maybe around Oct of this year with 3 kids. Which cruise line have people found the best? I've read Caribbean and Carnival are good for kids? But then I've heard P&O aren't as 'cheap' with better rooms, facilities etc.

Give me all of your cruise advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Cruise lines

My friends a travel agent and said carnival was best for kids. Never been on any of them. I think I would just stress the whole time about a kid falling over board (even though I know that’s never happened!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We had a cruise booked for March, but we changed our minds for a few reasons and decided to go to Vanuatu instead.

I did a lot of research and decided Royal Caribbean ticked most of the boxes for us. We were going to go on the Ovation Of The Seas, which is a huge vessel. In the end I realised once I factored in the extras, we’d end up spending far too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    We had a cruise booked for March, but we changed our minds for a few reasons and decided to go to Vanuatu instead.

I did a lot of research and decided Royal Caribbean ticked most of the boxes for us. We were going to go on the Ovation Of The Seas, which is a huge vessel. In the end I realised once I factored in the extras, we’d end up spending far too much.
    I found a cruise a really cheap holiday once it has been paid for because there isn’t many extras. We aren’t big drinkers so that expense wasn’t factored in.

We did carnival and I would go again. They had free ice cream (soft serve) and free 24 hour pizza plus all meals included. The food was definitely better than when we went to Fiji as there were more options that were included.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post

We had one of the first cruises on Ovation of the Seas booked, I think it was 2 weeks around NZ, but ended up cancelling because I was worried with the huge size of the ship there were going to be crazy lines for everything and it would feel too crowded. I wonder how it has ended up?

ETA for the OP, we have done 6 P&O cruises but none of them in the last 6 or so years. The rest of my family (adults, no kids) have been on the Aria a few times recently and enjoyed it but went on the Jewel recently to PNG and were unhappy with that trip.
    Last edited by bezzy; 16-01-2019 at 09:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dad goes in on cruises at least 2x a year. Always on Royal Caribbean . I heard that Carnival is great . One of the cruise lines has a huge water slide. I know Carnival is geared towards kids. We went on P and O and I felt it wasn’t too kid friendly

Thanks
    Reviews
    My in laws love Princess cruises. They've done maybe a dozen now. We've just booked our first cruise with P &O (which is owned by the same place as princess I think) to go to vanuatu.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Carnival is great for kids. P&O is good if you havent done cruises before and your just trying it all out.
    Princess isnt really geared for kids but they are nice ships

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just wondering: Which lines do cabins for 2 adults 3 kids? If you have 2 cabins can you get interconnected?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bezzy View Post
    ETA for the OP, we have done 6 P&O cruises but none of them in the last 6 or so years. The rest of my family (adults, no kids) have been on the Aria a few times recently and enjoyed it but went on the Jewel recently to PNG and were unhappy with that trip.
    I just read they are getting rid of the Jewel as of next month. Was it bc it was old they didn't like it?