+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breastfeeding while TTC

Hello,

My DS is almost 8 months old and my DH and I want to try for our second baby when my DS turns one.

I still had not got my period back. I think I already know the answer but is there any way of making your period return while still breastfeeding? I don’t really want to cut back/stop breastfeeding but am keen to start tracking my cycles for when we TTC again.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LJD23 View Post
    Hello,

My DS is almost 8 months old and my DH and I want to try for our second baby when my DS turns one.

I still had not got my period back. I think I already know the answer but is there any way of making your period return while still breastfeeding? I don’t really want to cut back/stop breastfeeding but am keen to start tracking my cycles for when we TTC again.

Thanks
    For me it happened after DD slept through the night once when she was 11m old. I think it was at least a 8-9hr gap between feeds. Wasn’t expecting it and it didn’t help that I was staying with my Aunty so had absolutely nothing to use.

You can still fall pregnant while BF without AF returning. My child health nurse/midwife says just pay attention to your cervical mucous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I fell pregnant while breastfeeding. My daughter was 20? Months at the time. It was my first cycle post partum. She was feeding morning and night.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

LJD23 (16-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It may just take a bit more time. I didn't get my period back before 9/10 months and conceived three babies while breastfeeding. I can't recall dropping feeds for my period to come back. Actually I was still breastfeeding mine overnight when my period came back.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

LJD23 (16-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    For me it happened after DD slept through the night once when she was 11m old. I think it was at least a 8-9hr gap between feeds. Wasn’t expecting it and it didn’t help that I was staying with my Aunty so had absolutely nothing to use.

You can still fall pregnant while BF without AF returning. My child health nurse/midwife says just pay attention to your cervical mucous.
    To have my DS sleep through the night would be a dream come true, AF returning would just be a bonus! Haha.

Good idea about CM! I will do this. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I fell pregnant while breastfeeding. Ds was 3.5yo though. He was feeding once overnight still, and 2-3 times during the day.... on average. My period returned when he was about 2y8m (dec)-BUT I had the implanon in until he was about 3y2m(end may)... 2 or 3 cycles later, with no birth control..... bam. My quickest and easiest conception. We weren't even ttc, were just waiting for my cycle to sort itself out as it was irregular from the implanon. It didn't get a chance. Quite the change from ds2 who took almost 2yrs of active ttc.