+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn’t even realise subway was a no go, I’ve been eaten it lots, worst thing that’s happened so far is I had the runs, once. That was questionable.

I’ve avoided bloody steak (obviously) and raw sushi which sucks because salmon and avo is my absolute fav and to go 9 months without it is a real sacrifice. This time round it’s all about chicken burgers for me and anything chicken.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MuMtORiLeYandLeO For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (15-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ate subway when I was pregnant, but I made sure they toasted it for ages. I got the chicken breast fillet with lettuce, tomato and cheese ... now I am doubting if that extra toasting made a difference!!??
    This thread has been good as for 2nd bub I may stay away from subway

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lauzie For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (15-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’ve been eating subway weekly, you know what sucks.
    I work on the road and struggle to eat healthy and subway is my go to

The subway I go to is really busy and salads are fresh, I get the chicken teriyaki not toasted.
    After the rockmelon listeria thing a few years ago, I figure you’re next safe

I doth eat sushi as I can’t trust them and the ones around here aren’t the best

I ate a lot of maccas in early pregnancy especially Ham cheese and tomato toasties and now j can’t get maccas abs have changed to kfc
    Last pregnancy I lived off kfc chips and gravy when I was sick

I ate deli meats and cheese throughout Xmas and I made tirimisu.
    No cold prawns though.

You just have to be smart in my opinion. A lady in my due in group on Facebook eats everything and she’s had multiple pregnancies so I reckon she knows what she’s on about haha she’s on bubhub and will probably see this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Reneeharry For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (16-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It’s so hard cause I work on the road all day

Oh and I’d never eat a bbq chook that’s something I just don’t trust at all

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Reneeharry For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    Oh I just remembered my DD1 was vomitting all last night after having had Subway for lunch. She had veggie patties and said they tasted strange, but she ate them anyway. She is pretty sure they made her sick.

I bought Subway for lunch a few weeks ago and will not be going back to that particular store (located in Brisbane CBD, so very high lunchtime turnover). The practices of staff members make my stomach churn. eg using gloved hands to pick up chicken in a sauce, touching avocado with gloved hands and then not changing the gloves. So they are making sandwiches with revolting gloves.

Oh and I saw a staff member going out the back, touching door handles etc to get new stock, replenishing food tubs, taking empty tubs out the back etc. sounds fine except she was wearing sauce stained gloves the whole time and then was going to add salads to my sandwich using the same filthy gloves. She looked at me like I had three heads when I asked her to put clean gloves on.
    I wonder if it’s the same one DH avoided. He had 2 near his old office, a good one and a bad one. He said the difference in quality/standards was very noticeable. One closed but I can’t remember if he said it was the good or bad one. Around George/Turbot/Herschel Sts

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    I wonder if it’s the same one DH avoided. He had 2 near his old office, a good one and a bad one. He said the difference in quality/standards was very noticeable. One closed but I can’t remember if he said it was the good or bad one. Around George/Turbot/Herschel Sts
    Not on those streets. This particular one is on Queen Street.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh I used to hanker for Subway when I was pregnant. Funny what you crave, yet might not necessarily eat when not pregnant, like hotdogs and softserve, which I rarely eat.

Take-away wise, I ate hot chips, and if I got them from Maccas, I would ask for fresh ones lol, nothing to do with pregnancy, just a good excuse for a fresh, hot batch.

I read somewhere that the number one craving for pregnant women the world over is potatoes, generally in hot chip form!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

MLadyEm (16-01-2019),turquoisecoast (16-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    Oh I used to hanker for Subway when I was pregnant. Funny what you crave, yet might not necessarily eat when not pregnant, like hotdogs and softserve, which I rarely eat.

Take-away wise, I ate hot chips, and if I got them from Maccas, I would ask for fresh ones lol, nothing to do with pregnancy, just a good excuse for a fresh, hot batch.

I read somewhere that the number one craving for pregnant women the world over is potatoes, generally in hot chip form!
    Oh yes, nothing like hot salty chips to help settle morning (all day) sickness.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

BornToBe (16-01-2019),Jurodice (16-01-2019),Mod-Uniquey (16-01-2019),turquoisecoast (16-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yup my ob told me in the early weeks if i’m feeling queasy just eat hot chips, or any other “hangover food” as carrot sticks etc just won’t cut it!

i’m home today so might get subway. although i need to pop to the shops and get my lettuce or else it’ll just be a pizza sub with salami and cheese. god i wish they sold the subway sauces as condiments you can buy for home. i love the sweet onion one!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I eat most things within reason. I think in you're smart about it, and make informed choices you'll be fine.
    I didn't realise with ds1 soft serve was a no-go.
    You just can't be 100% safe all the time.

I remember when pregnant with ds1, my mum owned a take away shop.
    Ever morning we fresh-cut all salads. I know- I used to do it myself!
    A family member was also pregnant at the same time and came to have lunch with me. She got deep fried everything. I grilled myself a fresh chicken fillet, and made a burger with the salad ingredients I'd cut fresh that morning and stored in a fridge that sat at between 2 and 3 degrees....I know it's been well handled, was fresh, washed well and handled well within safe foods practices (I've got both food handlers, and supervisors certificates)...so if like to think I knew and did handle it safely.

The other family members' mum told me I would kill my baby because I used the 'pre-done' salad. I told her it was perfectly fine, I'd washed, cut and stored it myself just prior, but she persisted.
    She made me feel so bad about my choices, even though I'm sure a fresh grilled chicken fillet burger was 10x healthier than the processed meat and fat her daughter was consuming... but she couldn't see that 🤷‍♀️

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

BornToBe (16-01-2019),turquoisecoast (16-01-2019)