+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, that whole (rather dull) just sitting there process is definitely the beginning. Encourage it whenever she asks, and maybe start to suggest it at times she regularly needs to go, i.e first thing in the morning, right before bed or bath, just after meals etc. When she finally does actually use the toilet, make a big fuss over it and you'll be on your way. Being nappy free whenever possible at home (and easy in summer) really helps too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @M’LadyEm have you started toilet training your DD get? Our girls are similar age and just reading what i can in preparation to start. Eeeek

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMummaButterfly View Post
    @M’LadyEm have you started toilet training your DD get? Our girls are similar age and just reading what i can in preparation to start. Eeeek
    Not properly. Will start once it’s warmer and I can just have her in undies at home. For the last month or so now she’s been asking to sit on the toilet a lot more, so we will sit her on there whenever she asks (provided she doesn’t have a dirty nappy that requires clean up first). She’s yet to actually do anything though. We’ve been talking to her about telling us when she needs to do a poo and we will sit her on the toilet, and we’re getting close... as in she’ll sit on the toilet and then 5-10min after we take her off, she poos in her nappy. So she knows when she needs to go, it’s just encouraging her to actually do it on the toilet. Daycare know where we’re at so have said when it’s warmer and we start, they will just keep her in undies during the day and offer her to use the toilet regularly. They’ve also started offering her the opportunity to sit on the toilet when they do nappy changes. Sometimes she does, sometimes she doesn’t. Depends on the mood I guess haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anyone have any toilet training tips? We’ve started with miss 2.5 year old. Just wearing undies only at home, pull ups when we go out. First use of the potty for the day results in a full blown melt down because she knows she wants to go but doesn’t want to sit on the potty to do it. Once she does her first wee for the day she is fine and then will go on her own or come and ask me for help to go. Hasn’t done number 2s yet though.
    What do people do when they go out? Took the potty to the park yesterday but she wet herself then did a poo and didn’t even care about it.
    Should we keep using pull ups when we go out or is that just confusing for her?
    We have a sticker chart for rewards and have told her once she does number 2s we will go down to the toy shop for her to pick something special.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashie For This Useful Post:

MrsMummaButterfly (18-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashie View Post
    Anyone have any toilet training tips? We’ve started with miss 2.5 year old. Just wearing undies only at home, pull ups when we go out. First use of the potty for the day results in a full blown melt down because she knows she wants to go but doesn’t want to sit on the potty to do it. Once she does her first wee for the day she is fine and then will go on her own or come and ask me for help to go. Hasn’t done number 2s yet though.
    What do people do when they go out? Took the potty to the park yesterday but she wet herself then did a poo and didn’t even care about it.
    We have a sticker chart for rewards and have told her once she does number 2s we will go down to the toy shop for her to pick something special.
    it doesn’t sound like she’s really ready imo. ds did this and it was hell. we waited til he was ready and boom, zero accidents and it’s like he’d been in undies for years. ds was 3y4m.

we took the potty a few times in the car on longer road trips just in case, but we never really needed it. i think he used it once but that was at our request.

2.5 is still young and really, there’s no rush.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

MrsMummaButterfly (18-09-2019),Shoopuf (18-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toilet Training

Following as DD is 3y2m & we have just started. We tried awhile back but she just wasn’t ready, Day 3 & we have only had 2 accidents where she didn’t get to the potty in time so not too bad. She knew what was happening & told me & tried to get there though. She still hasn’t done poo’s in there but, she will wait until we put her pull up on before bed, it’s like she is a little scared of doing poo’s in the potty, anyone have any tips on that? We have a sticker chart that we use too & small treats at the end of the day.

Also wondering about putting pull ups on to go out or is it too confusing for them?
    Last edited by MissMooMumma; 18-09-2019 at 08:35.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMooMumma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    Not properly. Will start once it’s warmer and I can just have her in undies at home. For the last month or so now she’s been asking to sit on the toilet a lot more, so we will sit her on there whenever she asks (provided she doesn’t have a dirty nappy that requires clean up first). She’s yet to actually do anything though. We’ve been talking to her about telling us when she needs to do a poo and we will sit her on the toilet, and we’re getting close... as in she’ll sit on the toilet and then 5-10min after we take her off, she poos in her nappy. So she knows when she needs to go, it’s just encouraging her to actually do it on the toilet. Daycare know where we’re at so have said when it’s warmer and we start, they will just keep her in undies during the day and offer her to use the toilet regularly. They’ve also started offering her the opportunity to sit on the toilet when they do nappy changes. Sometimes she does, sometimes she doesn’t. Depends on the mood I guess haha.
    Thanks @MLadyEm we’re waiting until its a bit warmer too. But thanks for the tips

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashie View Post
    I agree with TC she doesn’t sound ready.
    I would take a break completely or follow her lead for a bit. Whichever way suits how you parent.

My earliest out of nappies were 2 yr 8 mth. Both girls and both well able to communicate.
    My son who was on the same level development wise was 3 yr 5 mth.

My children with sensory issues were much older but I found waiting til they are ready resulted in very quick training. Dry day and night within 6 weeks. All of them.
    It’s much less stressful if they are fully onboard.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

MissMooMumma (18-09-2019),MrsMummaButterfly (18-09-2019),turquoisecoast (18-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I was thinking the same thing but as soon as she wakes up she asks to wear undies and doesn’t want to wear a nappy so I’m not really sure what else to do. Over the last few months she would say every now and then that she would like to use the potty ect. I kinda wish she wasn’t ready, I’ve also got a 7 week old so toilet training with a newborn is hectic! I am following her lead, and I’m happy to take a break if she wants to but she keeps asking to wear undies so I’m assuming she wants to keep going. This morning she’s sat on the potty without a tantrum so maybe making progress. The tantrums were only ever for the first wee after taking her nappy off, after the first one she was excited. We’ve had the potty in our living room and this morning she’s asked if we could move it to the bathroom so maybe she wants some privacy 🤷🏼‍♀️

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    So today was better then yesterday. DD only went twice yesterday to the potty & today she has gone 4 times she had two little accidents where she started & told me so I just put her on the potty to finish. She’s so proud of herself, we even went out for 40mins with undies on & no accidents. She knows when she’s going so at least she’s telling me, we just have to get to where she tells me before hand. She is like me though that she has good bladder control as she only goes a few times a day (even though she drinks plenty of water) as soon as I put her night time nappy on she poops but lol at the moment we are just focusing on getting the wee’s down pat then the poo’s will follow. I’m so proud of her so far though, Day 3 has been a success in my eyes

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMooMumma For This Useful Post:

Mashie (18-09-2019)