+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    Sooo... how to get DD to do poos in the toilet? DD hasn’t had a wee accident for over a week now and even though we still put her in pull ups for nap/bedtime, she’s often waking up dry. I’m not ready to pull the pin on that just yet though.

Poos however are a different story. At daycare she will wait until rest time when she has a nappy on, but at home she’ll just poo in her knickers and then get really upset about it. We’ve tried to reassure her and encourage her to tell us she needs to do a poo or to even ask for a nappy, but she never does. The other day she said she had tummy pain so I suggested we sit on the toilet. She cried at the thought and refused. Half an hour later she’d pooed in her knickers. We don’t get mad or upset and we console her as much as we can while trying to get the poo filled knickers down her legs. She’s definitely not constipated, so that’s not the issue - I just wonder if she’s scared? I suggested to DH that maybe we get a little potty for her to do poos in which he agrees with (because a potty is far easier to clean out than knickers!) but I only want to do that if it’s going to help her. Any ideas?
    This reminded me of your post IMG_1724.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

MLadyEm (02-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toilet Training

Random question. When your kids have been TT or are TT, do you take any seat/potty etc with you when you go out? Or just used the facilities that are available?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have always just used the facilities available. Eg parents room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Random question. When your kids have been TT or are TT, do you take any seat/potty etc with you when you go out? Or just used the facilities that are available?
    I took a toilet seat thingy or a potty depending on the kid because of their size. Until they were comfortable using the toilet. I’ll never forget the day my now 17 yr old had to use the big toilet at the shops lol she was terrified but had to go!

You can get those fold up potty things, there’s a lot of travel like stuff out there that can slip under the pram in the basket

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We just use the facilities

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In the very early days we took DD potty once while out. I thought I’d stick her on it when we got there as it was a bit of a drive but she didn’t go. She asked to go while out & I took her to the parents room. She went & was so proud of herself as she used the “big girl toilet” while out. From then I never took it again & we just use the facilities wherever we are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    in the very early days of ds just being trained, we took the potty in the boot. especially on longer drives where we knew facilities might be difficult to access. it was helpful knowing it was there and took the pressure off. can’t hurt to take it if you think it’ll make life a bit easier. we now just use the facilities wherever we are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should add it’s not for me. DD just uses the toilet. I just didn’t realise people actually took toilet seats with them when they went out. I’d heard of people taking a potty in the car, but leaving it there. Not taking it with them. I just had my eyes opened in a conversation in a FB group I’m in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I should add it’s not for me. DD just uses the toilet. I just didn’t realise people actually took toilet seats with them when they went out. I’d heard of people taking a potty in the car, but leaving it there. Not taking it with them. I just had my eyes opened in a conversation in a FB group I’m in.
    definitely only stayed in the car for us. oh we took it to mil’s place and he used it there a handful of times as he was still unsure of the big toilet. no way would i have taken it to a restaurant or anything.

ds is still nervous if toilets in public as he hates the hand dryers. it’s a work in progress but he’s got to just get over it. no way am i carting a p!ss pot around so he can avoid hand dryers 🤦🏼‍♀️