+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default BabyMoon Ideas!

Hello all!

I am looking at going on a week long BabyMoon holiday yet would love some great destination ideas and accomodation recommendations in Australia.

I am still debating Vanuatu, yet going I’m to see the OB on Monday and will get their advice on flying etc.

I will be nearly 29 weeks!

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know you're looking for a destination suggestion, but having had 2 kids, there is nothing a one week holiday would have done for me in one final farewell. My suggestion would be to not waste your money going on a babymoon. Save that money for take away or outsourcing help when you're sleep deprived and knee deep in explosive baby poop.

Instead, hang around the house and do very normal things that will become slower and more difficult once a baby is here.

So um, here are my destination suggestions...

Kitchen: Sit down and eat dinner with your other half, and marvel at the lack of noise and not having to deal a crying baby or toddler while you take a second bite of your food. Make note of the fact that you still feel mildly full from lunch, cause well, you ate lunch.

Bathroom: Go to toilet and take your sweet time knowing that no one will be calling out to you, barging right in or sticking their little hands underneath the door. After you've taken the dump of your life, have a long uninterrupted shower.

General outdoors: Plan to go out very last minute with just the clothes on your back and your purse. Make sure it's after 8:30pm.

Shopping center: Go grocery shopping and stare at the nutrition labels longingly. Walk ever so slowly in all of the aisles. Buy lots of groceries. Enjoy taking them out of your car unhurriedly and packing them at your own pace.

Bedroom: Sleep in. And sleep in some more. Mock the alarm clock when it hits 5am and starts beeping. But don't mock it too much, as soon you will have your own living, breathing, no volume control alarm clock and life will be mocking you.

Lounge room: Turn the TV on and watch adult content. Skip through the ABC kids channel and not think twice.

Dining room: Sit down and crinkle a chocolate wrapper. Watch no one come. Eat chocolate in total quiet without having to share.

Enjoy and good luck!

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MissTwiggley For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1 (11-01-2019),JR03 (11-01-2019),Loh4 (11-01-2019),Mod-DJ Nette (11-01-2019),Sirena89 (11-01-2019),SJ565 (11-01-2019),TandR (11-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Go somewhere that you can’t really go with kids. If that’s an overwater bungalow or an luxury foodie escape do it!!

Sure enjoy the day to day movies, sleep ins, uninterrupted meals but enjoy a holiday just the 2 of you as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do some hard core research on travel insurance if you end up OS.
    For Australia, I would pick somewhere near a larger hospital in case you need medical attention, and preferably child free. If money is no object, Qualia on Hamilton Island. No kids allowed!
    Last edited by SJ565; 11-01-2019 at 15:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTwiggley View Post
    I know you're looking for a destination suggestion, but having had 2 kids, there is nothing a one week holiday would have done for me in one final farewell. My suggestion would be to not waste your money going on a babymoon. Save that money for take away or outsourcing help when you're sleep deprived and knee deep in explosive baby poop.

Instead, hang around the house and do very normal things that will become slower and more difficult once a baby is here.

So um, here are my destination suggestions...

Kitchen: Sit down and eat dinner with your other half, and marvel at the lack of noise and not having to deal a crying baby or toddler while you take a second bite of your food. Make note of the fact that you still feel mildly full from lunch, cause well, you ate lunch.

Bathroom: Go to toilet and take your sweet time knowing that no one will be calling out to you, barging right in or sticking their little hands underneath the door. After you've taken the dump of your life, have a long uninterrupted shower.

General outdoors: Plan to go out very last minute with just the clothes on your back and your purse. Make sure it's after 8:30pm.

Shopping center: Go grocery shopping and stare at the nutrition labels longingly. Walk ever so slowly in all of the aisles. Buy lots of groceries. Enjoy taking them out of your car unhurriedly and packing them at your own pace.

Bedroom: Sleep in. And sleep in some more. Mock the alarm clock when it hits 5am and starts beeping. But don't mock it too much, as soon you will have your own living, breathing, no volume control alarm clock and life will be mocking you.

Lounge room: Turn the TV on and watch adult content. Skip through the ABC kids channel and not think twice.

Dining room: Sit down and crinkle a chocolate wrapper. Watch no one come. Eat chocolate in total quiet without having to share.

Enjoy and good luck!
    Also, go out for breakfast. At a time other than 8am. Likewise, have dinner after 5pm. At a non child-friendly place.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

JR03 (11-01-2019),MissTwiggley (11-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ565 View Post
    Do some hard core research on travel insurance if you end up OS.
    For Australia, I would pick somewhere near a larger hospital in case you need medical attention, and preferably child free. If money is no object, Qualia on Hamilton Island. No kids allowed!
    I second Qualia or look up luxury lodges of Australia. They have a fair few adults only retreats.

We were meant to go to Qualia for our baby moon but the cyclone ruined that. We went to Safire in Tassie instead.