+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm probably a hugger etc. Well I used to be. Can't say I like DF touching me in pregnancy. Now I have hormone rage and if I'm trying to feed DS and the girls are near me.. well I can't stand it. I try and give them a special job so they aren't too close to me lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Fluff thread: How touchy are you?

I’m very receptive to hugs/affection from others, more so than me as the initiator. I certainly will hug/kiss on the cheek very close friends/family.

Dh is waaaay more affectionate towards me than me him, but that’s because his timing’s usually always off lol! He stops me when I’m en route to the toilet, doing the housework, dishes etc, etc.

Three out of four of my kids are really tactile and affectionate, whereas one shows it when it’s given to her first, but she’s a tween, so that kind of goes with the territory I think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like many others I’m defiantly not a touchy person and don’t like being hugged or kissed etc and PDA is a big no no for me makes me feel so uncomfortable!
    Dh gets very frustrated with me because he loves it and always say I’m not normal

But my DS I have no problem with it at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have affection issues. Not with my kids, at all. They get plenty of cuddles and kiss and I tell them I love them a billion times a day - but with adults just no. Yes even husband... poor bugger. I have zero interest in any touchy feely stuff whatsoever. I even struggle to say I love you and hug family hello and goodbye (Though I will if they initiate, I am often stand offish so that it doesn't have to happen). My parents were very much the same, but I don't think for me it's anything to do with that, it's just me. I'm just not into it.
    My children are the loves of my life and they only people I have any interest in being cuddly with.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

lilsushi  (08-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Fluff thread: How touchy are you?

I love touch and I crave it, but only from DH, DD, my nephew and my younger cousins etc. DH and I say I love you all the time. We hold hands when we’re out (if not pushing the pram), we hold hand going to sleep some nights. We cuddle in the kitchen, on the couch etc. no qualms with a quick kiss here and there at the shops. No full on tongues though no one needs to see that while buying their groceries! DD I cuddle and kiss all the time. She’s starting to cuddle back. She snuggles into your shoulder, sighs and says “ahh mummy”. We’ve also just taught her how to say I love you. It’s super cute at bedtime. My nephew and cousins I’ll cuddle and kiss them, but am also mindful of their personal space. I was sitting on a stool when my 11yo cousin came over for a hug. I was hugging her over her shoulders from behind while chatting to my Nanna when I suddenly realised where my hands were resting. After that, it’s front/side on cuddles only haha.

When I was a kid I seeked out touch as well. But I also have memories of mum telling me to get off her and leave her alone because it was too hot. And I remember vividly the day my dad stopped holding my hand at the shops because I was ‘too old’. I love my parents but I no longer seek touch from them and I feel very awkward saying ‘I love you’ to them. I’ll still hug and kiss them goodbye, but I’ll no longer rest my head in mum’s lap etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not a hugger. I’m known for not being a hugger. I allow it for special exceptions: eg returned from 14months maternity leave. I allow it for the other persons ‘need’. I don’t enjoy most hugs I allow.
    My issues stem from a) body odour. I have a very sensitive nose and some people do not smell clean/ fresh enough or have not used deodorant. (I can gag!)
    and
    b) hugs were used only to “fix” problems when I was growing up. Bad behaviour was left with a hug... I never felt good after a hug as it didn’t take away the (physical or emotional) abuse that had occurred.

HOWEVER it’s different with DF. Though he grew up never saying “ I love you” in his household, he’s a hugger and very, very affectionate. I love it from him. Like @MLadyEm eg we sometimes fall asleep holding hands - DF will also steer the pram one-handed when he can just to hold mine. Etc etc etc.

This is the environment DD is growing up in. She’s only just started to nestle in to us when she chooses. Soooo different to both our upbringings.
    I’m clear with people that if she doesn’t want to hug or kiss she doesn’t have to. I hated that growing up too.

Oh, and the fur baby is really in to cuddles too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Saw this and thought of this thread. IMG_7238.jpg