+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Throwing

At what age do you say ‘if you throw it, it’s gone?’. I have 16 month old twins who throw food from their high chairs and toys from car seats etc. They’re not too bad really and daycare says they’re very good but I suspect it’s becoming a game to them. Are they developmentally ready for us to enforce ‘if you throw it, it’s gone?’. I don’t want to reinforce bad behaviour but I also don’t want to try and make them understand a concept they aren’t developmentally ready for. Help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an 18 month old DS and the throwing of everything is still strong in that one lol.
    Meal times are shocking, if he doesn’t like/want something it goes on the floor... both DH and I constantly repeat “leave it on your tray” but I now think it’s a game as the cats tend to hang around and eat what hits the floor so he has started feeding them too which is fun
    I also realised a few weeks ago when I am picking up his toys I will sit in the middle of the lounge and throw everything into his toy box and at this age they copy everything so Ive made a conscious effort to walk everything over and place it nicely so he follows suit.... well that’s the aim anyway

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ceejie For This Useful Post:

rukidding (01-01-2019)