+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think you are being too hard on yourself.
    It’s takes a while to get into the swing of things!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (04-02-2019),Little Miss Sunshine (05-02-2019),turquoisecoast (04-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @turquoisecoast we spend $200 on average every week for 2 adults, 1 toddler and 1 dog.
    That includes nappies, dog food and toiletries / cleaning supplies.
    We have meat at every meal.
    We spend more on food and less on other areas of our budget because that is what we have decided as a family and we don’t really go without anything.
    If you put aside $20-30 per week to start off your stockpile that might make things easier? So do your normal shop, and if something is on special, use that $20-$30 to stock up on that 1 item and the following week do the next thing.

I meal plan and online shop and because i have been doing it for so long i tend to know the cycle for whrn certain things come on special, eg colgate toothpaste, instead of paying $7 i wait for the half price cycle and buy 2 or 3 to keep in mu stockpile.

I hope that helps and makes sense.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMummaButterfly For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (04-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    I think you are being too hard on yourself.
    It’s takes a while to get into the swing of things!
    ha! dh tells me that all the time. i think i just expect to get things right as soon as i pick them up and it’s frustrating to me to have to go through trial and error!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How to get your partner on board with a budget?

I’m another that swears by online grocery shops. Plus using flybuys/woolies rewards. It does add up after time and the more you spend the more they throw at you to get you to keep going back.

I got a coles MasterCard with no annual fee so I don’t pay any delivery fees and I use it solely for shopping and pay it off straight away. It’s saved a small fortune.

Any top ups through the week such as bread I go to a local independent that aren’t as “cheap” so I don’t get tempted to buy more than I came on for. I find if they are asking $1-2 more per item it is a massive disincentive and I actually save money. I look at their reduced to clear meat whilst I’m there as that’s the only thing I miss with online shops.

I’m guilty of bulk buying and hoarding too, but it’s easier to rethink when you online shop and you see the total if something is *really* needed.

We eat meat every meal, we like our certain brands and I spend roughly $150 week. We do eat a lot of chicken, and do roasts and utilise the leftovers into other meals.

Aldi was a disaster for us as I would get suckered into special buys on stupid things then as I needed certain name brands from coles/woolies I would overspend big time.

I order my wine in bulk from first choice liquor when they have specials and free delivery, plus coles and woolies do wine too I like good stuff but rarely pay more than $8 bottle as I always get bulk cheap deals

Eta: my dds are now out of nappies so that’s easily $20 weekly saved, be easy on yourself I find babies/toddlers more expensive grocery wise than preschoolers!
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 04-02-2019 at 22:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    also what brand milk do you all buy? we currently buy a2 which is $4.60-$4.80 for 2L. used to buy the coles brand ages ago but stopped. am i spending too much on milk??
    We buy woolies brand milk $2 2L

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Might have to give online shopping a go! I have the same issue as you @turquoisecoast my DP is so picky with food I could literally eat anything for dinner but it always has to be something elaborate and exciting and usually something that's expensive.. Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    also what brand milk do you all buy? we currently buy a2 which is $4.60-$4.80 for 2L. used to buy the coles brand ages ago but stopped. am i spending too much on milk??
    I don’t buy woolies or Coles milk. I usually get farmers’ own or Riverina

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband was really bad at money management. I tried everything ! What ended up working was having a sub account for EVERYTHING. Yes we have several bank accounts but it is the only thing that works! Eg we allocated money weekly to entertainment, gifts, shopping ect .. if he wants to buy someone a gift for example ( he has a massive family) I tell him the balance of that account and that is all that he has to spend. He gets a weekly allowance and has his own savings - if he exceeds his weekly allowance he has to dip into savings as opposed to me just transferring him money and him thinking there is a bottom less pit! We are no longer living week to week - always worth a shot! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @shellzand - I'll pm you I'd love to ask you a few questions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Loh4 View Post
    @shellzand - I'll pm you I'd love to ask you a few questions!
    Sure hun lol hopefully I can help xx