+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    all sounds totally normal if you ask me! my ds is almost 3 and is definitely selectively picky with food (overall a good eater though) and we’ve literally just come home after spending 2.5 weeks interstate with my family. he’s normally really chilled at home but the last fortnight and a bit have been a nightmare. he was totally out of whack routine wise due to no daylight savings and a 3 hour time difference. he was also not in his own space and i could tell he sensed this and was acting extra clingy to me especially, refused to go to my parents at all really (made it very hard for dh and i to go out as planned) and his eating was like a bird. naps were also disrupted as we’d have visitors over or be out. the net effect of all this was at least a daily meltdown. he never tantrums really at home but while we were away, it was happening a lot.

it’s so hard managing these toddlers and i’m guessing they have a tough time of it too. just keep doing what you’re doing, your dd sounds completely normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not very well to be honest 😂

Depending on her mood, she will sometimes happily have them done. Other times it takes ages to coerce her. Occasionally it ends in tears. I try all different things as nothing works every time.

-Letting her brush my teeth whilst I brush hers.
    -Jokingly say we need to get all the monsters out of there, oh wow, there’s more back there, open wide I can’t quite get them etc.
    -Sit her on her dads lap whilst I brush.
    -Asking her who is brushing first: me or her.
    -Sometimes I just give up and she doesn’t brush them.

DS was the same, he grew out of it. Can’t remember when but I’m hoping she will soon too. We do stick to a routine both morning (breakfast, dressed, teeth, backpack, shoes, car) and night (bath, PJs, teeth, book, bed) in the hope that it just becomes one of steps for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have a book about brushing our teeth and also used the wiggles teeth brushing app for a while. DD seems keen, I’m sure her technique is not great but at least she tries. Having said that it’s probably pointless because she has a bottle at bedtime.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our MCHN recommended a song for teeth brushing time. We play take care of that smile on Spotify and DD knows I brush for the whole song duration and then it’s over and she can have a turn. She used to be a nightmare to brush teeth but now she loves it, we sing and be silly whilst the song is on too. As soon as she hears it she runs to her step at the sink and waits with her mouth open. It took about a week of tears and screaming twice a day for her to realise as soon as the song finished so was her teeth brushing and now there’s no tears at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This was a hit in our household during those times...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wxMrtK-kYnE