+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Honestly, I think why you’ve got listed is fine and I wouldn’t worry about cupcakes unless they are to be the actual birthday cake. I do savory, fruit, sometimes do fairy bread and have the sweet component as the cake. Don’t make it harder and more work than it needs to be! I’m glad you’ve got more RSVP’s. You must be relieved!!

We have DD’s birthday in a month, so you can expect to see me whinging about late RSVPers in about 3 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    Mum used to do jelly oranges for our parties.

Cut oranges in half
    Juice oranges
    Scoop our remaining flesh and pith
    Pour jelly into orange halves
    Put in fridge to set
    Cut into halves (or thirds)

Enjoy freshly squeezed juice and don’t share with anyone else
    Oh yum. Yeah that’s a good idea! Last time I made these they were not suitable for children but very yummy for adults

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    I think cupcakes would be nice.

Chocolate crackles?
    I always used to make a white chocolate and ricebubble slice with a marshmallow topping. Let me know if you would like the recipe.

Cheerios / cocktail franks / whatever you call them.
    We are having a cake aswell so don’t wanna over do the cupcakes.

Oh yum! Can I please have the recipe that sounds good and could be an alternative to cupcakes even.

Oh yes! Forgot them. Ds loves them, better get them lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Honestly, I think why you’ve got listed is fine and I wouldn’t worry about cupcakes unless they are to be the actual birthday cake. I do savory, fruit, sometimes do fairy bread and have the sweet component as the cake. Don’t make it harder and more work than it needs to be! I’m glad you’ve got more RSVP’s. You must be relieved!!

We have DD’s birthday in a month, so you can expect to see me whinging about late RSVPers in about 3 weeks
    Thanks!! I think I am definitely making it harder and hate myself for that lol it’s a standard thing for me to do lol.
    I think we are sorted for a list of food now!

So very relieved! Can’t thank everyone here enough. Kept me sane! I think we only had 2 before the rsvp date! The rest were after, crazy! We haven’t heard from about 6 people but I’ll just cater for them and see what happens.

I hope you don’t have to go chasing them! I hope your DDs party is awesome!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

Californication (10-02-2019),Mum-I-Am (10-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad you've got a bunch coming now Although you have things covered, I thought I might add a couple recommendations.

-cheerios n tomato sauce: these are great even after they've gone cold

-carrot sticks/corn chips and dip

-facepainting: kids that age LOVE face painting. You don't have to be amazing at it but they think it's awesome. When I was in childcare the boys preferred spiderman (simply red sponge then add a black web), batman (black symbol on the face somewhere: mine looked horrible haha), being a mister/grownup (give them a moustache). Girls preferred being a princess (think 80's prostitute lol. Blue on eyelids, red lips/cheeks and a yellow crown on forehead) or a mermaid (sponge blue/green on cheeks then add scales). It's also cool when the girls want to be misters and the boys princesseses and some ask for some unusual things lol I usually just stuck to easy basics and used fresh cotton buds/clean sponges for hygiene purposes. They are happy to line up for a good half an hour for this! I'd recommend asking the parents if paint on the face is ok too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    I hope you don’t have to go chasing them! I hope your DDs party is awesome!
    I will. Well, some anyway. But after doing this for a few years, I expect it now

Thanks. It should be fun. She wants it at a center, so will be easy peasy. Cake and cold foods as there no oven there to keep stuff warm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went to a party over the weekend. Because of the allergy aspect the host kept it really simple. Fruit plate, sausages in bread and cake.

I think your list sounds fine, the kids will likely be too busy to eat it anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurodice View Post
    I'm so glad you've got a bunch coming now Although you have things covered, I thought I might add a couple recommendations.

-cheerios n tomato sauce: these are great even after they've gone cold

-carrot sticks/corn chips and dip

-facepainting: kids that age LOVE face painting. You don't have to be amazing at it but they think it's awesome. When I was in childcare the boys preferred spiderman (simply red sponge then add a black web), batman (black symbol on the face somewhere: mine looked horrible haha), being a mister/grownup (give them a moustache). Girls preferred being a princess (think 80's prostitute lol. Blue on eyelids, red lips/cheeks and a yellow crown on forehead) or a mermaid (sponge blue/green on cheeks then add scales). It's also cool when the girls want to be misters and the boys princesseses and some ask for some unusual things lol I usually just stuck to easy basics and used fresh cotton buds/clean sponges for hygiene purposes. They are happy to line up for a good half an hour for this! I'd recommend asking the parents if paint on the face is ok too
    Thanks! They would love that!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

Jurodice (10-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I will. Well, some anyway. But after doing this for a few years, I expect it now

Thanks. It should be fun. She wants it at a center, so will be easy peasy. Cake and cold foods as there no oven there to keep stuff warm.
    Hahaha I need to remember this for the years to come - people genuinely suck for rsvps lol I guess I can’t complain too much now. At least we got some! Lol.

Super easy! Love it lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

Californication (10-02-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    We went to a party over the weekend. Because of the allergy aspect the host kept it really simple. Fruit plate, sausages in bread and cake.

I think your list sounds fine, the kids will likely be too busy to eat it anyway.
    Thanks! No one has mentioned allergies and I didn’t ask I figured it their child had an allergy they would mention it..

Hopefully there’s a selection of stuff that they can eat something anyway.