+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default **trigger warning** Girl allegedly snatched from Kmart, sexually assaulted

Did anyone see this article?? OMG just awful
    https://www.news.com.au/national/que...ce=News.com.au

It’s a fear I have with my DD (7yo just like that little girl). My DD has this habit of walking off when we’re in the supermarket, like she’ll be walking with me then suddenly she’s not there because she darts off to go find the toy aisle or the Christmas section. I’ve told her over and over not to go off and sometimes she asks if we’re nearby, but occasionally she just disappears without asking. Drives me insane and I’m so worried something will happen one day. We live in the country and our local supermarket is in a country town but still, it’s a worry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This is horrific. DD is only 18 months but now that she wants to walk everyone I’m constantly having to chase her as she wanders off. It’s just so scary that these kind of things can happen so quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This is the first I’ve heard about this incident - it’s absolutely horrifying

Sickening to think this predator pounced on this child in the very small window of time she was out of her mother’s sight.

That poor little girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    They had extra security there today though not sure that would have helped at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Jeez. My DD is the same age and I’ve just begun to give her more freedom at the shop. What a monster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m glad they caught the scum. That poor little girl. This is one of my fears too. I give the kids a bit of freedom at home as we’re in a small town and it’s a small shop so can hear them if I can’t see them, and they usually just follow me around and don’t run off, but this is one of my fears too. I keep a much closer eye on them when we go to the regional center or city where there are more people, and even at home in summer as we’re a tourist town so there’s more people about on holidays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That poor little girl. Something she may not ever get over nor her mum aswell.

I work in retail and I can honestly say that I would find a child every day at work that couldn’t see mum/dad etc as they had wondered odd or mum/sad has said you go to toys and I’ll come find you. The worst case I’ve come across in my store was the mum and dad dumped their kids and went off outside to do shopping elsewhere Leaving us to find them and then look after them. In this case the cops where actually called in as the parents disappeared for over an hour until they decided to show up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg!!! this is my biggest fear!!
    I've only got boys but predators don't discriminate.

I have only just stated letting ds1 go into male toilets alone... IF I can't get a disabled or family one. This weekend he needed#2, it was crazy busy, he was I there about 7 mins and my anxiety was peaking.
    I actually sent the shopping centres Santa in to check on him(Just call his name, see if he was ok). Santa went a step further, waited till he was out and washing his hands, then handed him a colouring book. Ds thinks it's just magical that Santa went looking for him to give him a present and found him in the toilet but I was ready to yell out I was about to barge in...
    ***I figured ds would trust Santa, and Santa would've had a police and wwcc.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Californication (11-12-2018),Mod-Wise Enough (11-12-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    ***I figured ds would trust Santa, and Santa would've had a police and wwcc.
    Just FYI - in Qld at least, shopping centre Santas don't need a Blue Card.

https://www.bluecard.qld.gov.au/faqs...s-helpers.html

Not sure about other states.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Just FYI - in Qld at least, shopping centre Santas don't need a Blue Card.

https://www.bluecard.qld.gov.au/faqs...s-helpers.html

Not sure about other states.
    That is very scary....

I *think* Victoria is different.
    I'm having a baby brain moment and can't work it out...

Exemptions are for:
    - children (e.g 17yo volunteering with a younger scouts group/sports etc)
    - police and VIT registered teachers, so long as they are current and active and not suspended, cancelled etc.
    - parents volunteering with an activity their cold regularly does. E.g. if your dd does dancing and you make costumes
    - family members/ closer relations caring for a child. (Nan, aunt, uncle, cousin, close friend etc) unless placed there by someone officially (e.g.court)
    - interstate visitors. E.g.a teacher doing a camp.

The closest I can find is.... (under occupations needing one)
    ""Commercial entertainment or party services for children that are not merely incidental to other business activities"