+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Santa pics

I took Cass yesterday to get a photo with Santa, but he entirely refused, I didn't force him so it didn't happen.
    He's scared of the big guy in the red suit, does anyone have any strategies or words of wisdom that might help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    how old is he? my ds was terrified last year (he was 21-22 months at the time). this year his understanding of xmas and santa is great and he’s excited to meet him etc. i skipped last year, not worth the bother if you have to force them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Time. Give it time.

DS was scared from a toddler and even last year he only wanted to sit next to Santa with mummy or daddy (he was 4.5 at the time). At 5.5 he was fine. Chatted to Santa etc.

DD was wary last year (18 months) and only sat on me because her brother and I were there. This year (2.5yo) she refused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My littlest apart from my babies is 4.5. This is the first year he want near Santa. Usually he has to sit on a camping chair near the chair while the other kids sit with Santa, but yesterday at the Carols he sat on Santa’s lap no issue

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 18 month was scared this year. I had to go into the photo too which I hate. ☹️ She was eager to see him until it was actually our turn and she went closer.

DS was the same a couple of years ago but only for one year.

I agree with PP- all you can do is give it some time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For the first year ever my 3.5yo refused. Santa and the photographer were great. Sara sat on the floor so my 2 kids say next to easy other on the seat. My 3.5yo thought it was hilarious Santa sat on the floor.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Santa pics

My 17mo DS wasn’t scared as such but just didn’t want to sit with Santa, he kept reaching for DH and trying to get off Santa’s knee... there was a moment where he stopped and looked at Santa and smiled when he spoke to DS and it was lovely but the photographer or should I say the sales chick in charge of taking the photos wasn’t near the camera at the time
    I knew it may have been a challenge this year so was waiting for it but like everyone else has said it will just take time for kids to get used to the old fella

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took DD today, she’s almost 2.5 & she was good. She lovesssss him from afar then it was time to sit on his lap which she did but took about 10-12 pics before she would smile we finally got a good one, so I’m happy.

I did take her to see him every time we went to the shops so she could “get used to him” which I think helped instead of just being like “here sit with this strange guy in a red suit & get your photo taken” I really think that did help us though