+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    34
    Reviews
    0

    Default Bleeding after hysteroscopy

    Hello Ladies,

    I had my hysteroscopy done on 14 November and its been 3 weeks and 4 days but I am still spotting. Yesterday was last day of my periods so I thought it would stop but today I am still spotting. Its not much but still pinkish spotting. No pain or swell so I am ruling out any infection. I asked my doctor dr. M last week and he said he didlaser for some Cervical inflammation he found during surgery and once it heals spotting would stop.

    Has anyone else had spotting for weeks after procedure? Or should I be worried? Just after some reassurance. Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Believe in miracles View Post
    Hello Ladies,

    I had my hysteroscopy done on 14 November and its been 3 weeks and 4 days but I am still spotting. Yesterday was last day of my periods so I thought it would stop but today I am still spotting. Its not much but still pinkish spotting. No pain or swell so I am ruling out any infection. I asked my doctor dr. M last week and he said he didlaser for some Cervical inflammation he found during surgery and once it heals spotting would stop.

    Has anyone else had spotting for weeks after procedure? Or should I be worried? Just after some reassurance. Thanks in advance
    I only bled a few day but my sister bled for 4 weeks and spotted a few weeks after that. Her doctor ended up giving her some medication because she has thin blood due to other conditions she has. Suppose people heal and recover differently for different reasons. Good luck and hope it stops soon for you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    379
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked
    154
    Reviews
    0

    Default Bleeding after hysteroscopy

    Hi @Believe in miracles, I had an hysteroscopy done on Thursday. The bleeding / my period seems to be finishing already. Very light spotting.

    The information pamphlet they gave me in the hospital says “expect some vaginal bleeding / discharge for several days. This is normal but should no be no more than the flow of a normal period. You may experience this for up to 14 days after your surgery. If your discharge becomes heavy, bright red or has an offensive smell please contact your consultant or Gp. Use sanitary towels, avoid tampons so you can monitor your vaginal blood loss”. Hope it will help to monitor and follow up if you are worried.

    Also are you taking clexane ? Or aspirin ?
    Last edited by Elda15; 10-12-2018 at 13:40.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    34
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Elda15 View Post
    Hi @Believe in miracles, I had an hysteroscopy done on Thursday. The bleeding / my period seems to be finishing already. Very light spotting.

    The information pamphlet they gave me in the hospital says “expect some vaginal bleeding / discharge for several days. This is normal but should no be no more than the flow of a normal period. You may experience this for up to 14 days after your surgery. If your discharge becomes heavy, bright red or has an offensive smell please contact your consultant or Gp. Use sanitary towels, avoid tampons so you can monitor your vaginal blood loss”. Hope it will help to monitor and follow up if you are worried.

    Also are you taking clexane ? Or aspirin ?
    Thanks Elda. It seems to stop today. I stopped bleeding 4 days after surgery and after 2 days started spotting again untill now. I reckon dr. M did laser for some Cervical inflammation he found. No I am not on blood thinners but after ovulation I am thinking to take aspirin for a natural cycle. I am doing fet on immune protocol in January. How are you doing? Dr. M did biopsy and found that I have 90% cd 56 cells in uterus so immune protocol for me. All other cells are in normal limits.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked
    526
    Reviews
    0
    Hi there. The same thing happened after my hysteroscopy.... bleeding stopped and then started again. Spotted for a good 4/5 weeks. My Dr said it was nothing to worry about. . I managed to have a successful FET two months later so he was right!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    379
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked
    154
    Reviews
    0

    Default Bleeding after hysteroscopy

    Quote Originally Posted by Believe in miracles View Post
    Thanks Elda. It seems to stop today. I stopped bleeding 4 days after surgery and after 2 days started spotting again untill now. I reckon dr. M did laser for some Cervical inflammation he found. No I am not on blood thinners but after ovulation I am thinking to take aspirin for a natural cycle. I am doing fet on immune protocol in January. How are you doing? Dr. M did biopsy and found that I have 90% cd 56 cells in uterus so immune protocol for me. All other cells are in normal limits.
    Oh good to know it seemed to have stop today @Believe in miracles

    Good that you aren’t taking blood thinners now. That wouldn’t help with this spotting issue I believe.

    I’m ok I suppose. We had some disappointing results in the last 3 months. The laparoscopy / hysteroscopy didn’t bring any more info. My fs did my surgery and I might have dr M to do the biopsy in a few months.

    Wishing you all the best for your fet in January


 

Similar Threads

  1. Bleeding after hysteroscopy
    By Believe in miracles in forum IVF
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2018, 16:28
  2. Bleeding after birth?
    By Kaileysmum in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26-11-2005, 13:39
  3. Advice on bleeding after IUD insertion
    By mummycloud in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21-11-2005, 00:14
  4. bleeding after sex
    By lizzymcfizzy in forum Pregnancy Health Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 15:18
  5. Bleeding after birth/weeks later on!
    By Maxs_MumMy in forum Natural Birth
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-06-2005, 19:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
KindyROOKindyROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...