+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Celebrity associations/connections - share yours!

Do you have any? I'm talking the full range - anything from A-list actors, down to Z-list reality stars

You can opt to name them, or be a bit more discreet about it.

Here are mine (largely unimpressive):

- A former Big Brother contestant (from the mid 2000's) was the function coordinator at my 30th
    - My cousin was in a relationship with a famous Australian cricket player
    - Another cousin is close friends with a couple who won The Block
    - A good friend of mine was in a rock band that had moderate success in the early 2000's
    - An old high school friend of mine had sex with Maynard from the band Tool
    - DH is related to one of the characters from the old TV show Skippy
    - The company I work for employed a disgraced high-profile former Rugby League player
    - The company I work for employs the brother of a well known high profile Rugby League player
    - My cousin made out with one of the band members of EMF (you may remember their hit from the early 90's - 'Unbelievable'
    - I was in a musical for the local theatre company when I was about 14 and one of the other actors is now a news reporter on channel Ten
    - My DH is friends with a family who's kids are becoming well known, especially one daughter who has appeared on Ellen a few times.

That's all I can think of for now...!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma  (05-12-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    um, none. i jokingly told my sister i made out with ben lee and she believed me. but it was a joke. oh my cousins on my dad’s side are first cousins with someone from the panics. that’s it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My old bestie is dating a biggest looser winner. They have been in woman’s day and new idea but a few years ago.

DH has met a number of high profile sports people through is Work. The most famous would have been a top seeded tennis player while she was playing at the Brisbane open but also national and international cricket and footballers. They are often lovely but some are shocking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My daughter goes to school with the daughter of a high profile rugby league player, and the dad of another family at the school was the interim coach of our local first grade rugby league team. That’s it for me I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    ds goes to daycare with the child of a well known former block couple

my former workplace was the accounting firm for a well known former cricket player/aussie personality

i’m sure that’s it for me now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    *Please don't quote*

When I was 9, I had a phone call from the hosts of Saturday Disney on CH7.
    When I was 16, I kissed Deiter Brummer - Asked if I could give him a kiss on the cheek at a meet and greet at Miranda Westfield. He said yes and it was an absolute dream being I had a huge crush on him!
    When I was 17 I was cast as an extra in a movie. I appear in one of the end scenes.
    I was on the receiving end of a prank phone call from a comedian in 2009. I figured out it was him and he gave me tickets to his show.
    During a short taxi stint, my dad once drove Denise Drysdale home and she tipped him $100.
    My dad's best friend was a top and well known journalist for a newspaper in the UK in the 80's and 90's.
    My cousin is an animator for Disney.
    One of DH's clients at his old work is the father of a well known Aussie singer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Celebrity associations/connections - share yours!

- Dad is cousins with 2 former AFL players.
    - Mum’s something cousin (but more distant) also played AFL.
    - My pops cousin (I think) played test cricket for Australia - was pretty good too I believe.
    (Clearly I don’t pay too much attention to the family tree )

Me:
    Went to high school and sang in choir with a former top 12 Australian idol contestant.

Went to high school with X Factor winner

Plenty of sporting personalities from school - firebirds/diamonds players, a couple of olympians (know of them but don’t know them personally), a couple of current AFL players (don’t know them though).

I looked after the wife of a Wallabies player. Didn’t know who he was though. I only recognised them because they had the same wedding photographer as DH & I

I’ve also looked after former rugby players and AFL players (or their partners) in my nursing and midwifery career. I am ashamed to say that one night at work I did not recognise a Lions player. I even smiled at him and said hello but was groggy from being half asleep. It wasn’t until another colleague of mine (and massive lions fan also) said to me in the morning “did you see XX” that I realised. What an idiot haha.

Margie from the biggest loser is in my local BSS group.
    Last edited by MLadyEm; 07-12-2018 at 15:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    - Dad is cousins with 2 former AFL players.
    - Mum’s something cousin (but more distant) also played AFL.
    - My pops cousin (I think) played test cricket for Australia - was pretty good too I believe.
    (Clearly I don’t pay too much attention to the family tree )

Me:
    Went to high school and sang in choir with a former top 12 Australian idol contestant.

Went to high school (and possibly played in orchestra) with X Factor winner/Eurovision second place getter.

Plenty of sporting personalities from school - firebirds/diamonds players, a couple of olympians (know of them but don’t know them personally), a couple of current AFL players (don’t know them though).

I looked after the wife of a Wallaby’s player. Didn’t know who he was though. I only recognised them because they had the same wedding photographer as DH & I

I’ve also looked after former rugby players and AFL players (or their partners) in my nursing and midwifery career. I am ashamed to say that one night at work I did not recognise a Lions player. I even smiled at him and said hello but was groggy from being half asleep. It wasn’t until another colleague of mine (and massive lions fan also) said to me in the morning “did you see XX” that I realised. What an idiot haha.

Margie from the biggest loser is in my local BSS group.
    Come to think of it I’ve looked after a few famous people as a nurse. Radio presenters, sporting people a couple politicians.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please don’t quote ...

I went to school with an NRL player

I had play dates with the Hemsworth brothers as a kid. Too bad I can’t remember. Their parents and my parents have mutual friends.

I used to work at one of the big 4 banks but due to privacy can’t say who I looked after...but lots of cool celebrities and lots of morons too 🤣

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bluerhino For This Useful Post:

LoveMyWay  (06-12-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    Come to think of it I’ve looked after a few famous people as a nurse. Radio presenters, sporting people a couple politicians.
    I remember back when I worked at the Wesley many moons ago they said a lot of the Broncos players used the hyperbaric chamber so are often seen around on campus. I don’t follow NRL so I’d never know who they were even if I did bump into them