+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ice block bricks wrapped in tea towels for their food but once that is gone they can use it to keep themselves cool. If it where me and the heat was continuous I’d probably pick them up at lunch and come home I mean it’s the end of year so they aren’t going to miss much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWarrior View Post
    Depends on the school I guess. We are qld and every school here (in our area) has fridges, as do child care centres and kindys. I thought all schools did these days.
    Maybe it’s a north Qld thing, and of course I was generally speaking (individual schools may have fridges) but I haven’t personally heard of any here in south east Qld.

But yay for Mackay and surrounds, that’s awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Reading this thread makes me so bloody thankful I live in a cooler climate!! I’d hate to think of my kids struggling through QLD heat with no air con at school. The place I live in gets down to minus 8 in the winter overnight and reaching double figure during the day is unusual. It would be like expecting our kids to freeze in classrooms during winter. Not acceptable at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes completely agree @Chippa but many parents have fought for aircon in the past and its definitely not going to happen any time soon. There is a brand new Catholic school being built in the area too with no aircon. Some state schools have it in the area though.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (04-12-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Yes completely agree @Chippa but many parents have fought for aircon in the past and its definitely not going to happen any time soon. There is a brand new Catholic school being built in the area too with no aircon. Some state schools have it in the area though.
    I just can’t understand that! The heat is relentless in summer and why are they expecting young children to just deal with it? Not right at all

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

LoveMyWay  (04-12-2018),Mod-Uniquey  (04-12-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    I just can’t understand that! The heat is relentless in summer and why are they expecting young children to just deal with it? Not right at all
    I agree. One of the factors I was looking at when choosing a school was whether it was air conditioned. I can’t concentrate when I’m hot and don’t want to put my kids in that situation if I can help it. As luck would have it, the school we wanted has air conditioning.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Amber4304 For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (04-12-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twice at high school, temps were ~40c the school principal decided to suspend classes for the day, if we couldn't be picked up or get home easily we were sent to the aircon areas of the school until normal home time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWarrior View Post
    Depends on the school I guess. We are qld and every school here (in our area) has fridges, as do child care centres and kindys. I thought all schools did these days.
    I’m in Qld and there are no fridges for our school and there school bags are kept outside along with their drink bottles which is ridiculous. They have recently built a a block of new classroom but they have no aircon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Nth Qld and our schools have fridges and aircons. Their lunch would be disgusting by lunchtime up here without fridges! I would also pick them up around midday if they had no aircons especially for the last week or two of school....it got up to 42deg here last week