+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Antenatal classes, which one did you choose?

Hi,

i am trying to decide which Antenatal class to go to but there are so many: hypnobirthing, calmbirth, classes at hospital...

Which one did you go to? and was it good?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It would be good to go to the one at your chosen hospital as they will give you practical advice like where to park and go when you present in labour. You’ll be able to see where you’ll be going, they’ll help outline what to bring and will also go through the labour/birth/baby stuff.

If you have a special interest in hypnobirthing or something else I guess you could do that seperatly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

Marmoura  (27-11-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I did Calmbirth classes. One of the best things I ever did. I have the bonus of being a midwife though and working where I delivered.

Hubby did a class specific for dads. They went through the more practical aspect of labour/birth for him.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Marmoura  (27-11-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I did the standard ante-natal class when I was having my first baby, and it was helpful with the logistics of birthing at the Hospital etc, how to swaddle the baby, settling techniques, and labor choices etc. What was really helpful was the ante and post natal Physios who ran part of the class. They were very helpful with info on birth positioning, c/sections, pelvic floor pre and post birth and caring for your back in pregnancy. Definitely found that part of the class very useful.

Another class I attended was a breastfeeding class, I gained so much from this class, as previous to that, I had virtually no idea that breastfeeding was a learned skill for both Mum and bub and found lots of information both theoretical and practical (using dolls) extremely helpful.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Marmoura  (28-11-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did one class in an afternoon and to be honest it was pointless. We did a tour of the hospital and went through the different interventions that may happen or pain relief we could ask for.
    But they didn’t mention a single thing about the birth itself and what I had to do! During labour the midwife was telling me to push during contractions and I had no idea what she was talking about! I was pushing when there were none!
    I heard that the classes that the hospital ran over several sessions were much better.
    I got a lot of benefit from the sessions the council ran on sleep and settling, breastfeeding, first aid etc. once Bub was here

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-LIKE A BOSS For This Useful Post:

Marmoura  (28-11-2018)