+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bleeding 1st trimester pregnancy

Just looking for some good ending stories, or support, even ones that may not end to well.
    I’ve had spotting since week 5, pretty much spotting every week, I’ve been lucky and have gone two weeks without. It was usually pink, to brown, some days lasting up to four. I’m just past 11 weeks now, and I’ve had two episodes of bright red blood the last week, where it’s actually dripping (once when using the toilet then it stopped, nothing on the liner, this morning actually woke up bleeding that was a first but no further bleeding since). They can’t find a reason for my bleeding perhaps a sensitive cervix, but I’ve done nothing to irritate it (no sex, sorry hubby). It makes me so stressed and upset every bleeding episode. I know 1 in 4 have spotting, but of those 50% miscarry so I’m very aware it could be nothing or something serious. There is the common factor of lifting and bending or all day on my feet for work, but all I did last night was walk on a soft sandy beach and that got me cramping (followed by the bleeding this morning). So not sure if it’s a result of when I’m active or not. Wondering if it’s bright red only now that the placenta has started taking over? Thanks for reading and your reply. I know it’s been touched on before. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can only imagine how stressful it can be having spotting on and off... hopefully it’s nothing for you to worry about.. I didn’t have any spotting and had a early miscarriage on exactly 10 weeks, which was so emotionally draining and thought every thing was going so well. Unfortunately this one wasn’t meant to be, but will be trying again in the new year. I’ve had friends who’ve had spotting all the way through their pregnancies and gone on to give birth to their babies... could it possibly be fibroids flaring up?? I don’t have much experience with it.... good luck and hopefully it’s nothing to worry about...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Buffy0 I’m so sorry for your loss. It must have come as a complete heartbreaking shock to you. You prob didn’t get a chance to do the NEST testing? Were you able to find out what was the cause was? Again, I’m really really sorry. And it probably doesn’t make it any better knowing you are not alone. I thought after two positive scans at 7.4w and 9.4w, heard heartbeat at exam again at 10.6w would put me at ease but I know things can change in an instant, and the bleeding is a constant reminder. I asked about my fibroids at both of my scans... as they mentioned degeneration on my first but it didn’t seem to register with the Dr or the sonographer as a concern. But that was through my IVF clinic, and I have my first appointment with my shared care GP tomorrow and first appointment with the Dr from the hospital next week so hopefully they may be more helpful. I took a long time to schedule my appointments as I wanted to be sure the pregnancy was actually happening, and now it’s just delayed the NEST testing etc. It’s taken a long time to get this far, my first pregnancy at 39 after four full rounds of IVF and 6 transfers (two chemicals) so I don’t get many chances and feel like this is my one and only.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by augieandaddie View Post
    @Buffy0 I’m so sorry for your loss. It must have come as a complete heartbreaking shock to you. You prob didn’t get a chance to do the NEST testing? Were you able to find out what was the cause was? Again, I’m really really sorry. And it probably doesn’t make it any better knowing you are not alone. I thought after two positive scans at 7.4w and 9.4w, heard heartbeat at exam again at 10.6w would put me at ease but I know things can change in an instant, and the bleeding is a constant reminder. I asked about my fibroids at both of my scans... as they mentioned degeneration on my first but it didn’t seem to register with the Dr or the sonographer as a concern. But that was through my IVF clinic, and I have my first appointment with my shared care GP tomorrow and first appointment with the Dr from the hospital next week so hopefully they may be more helpful. I took a long time to schedule my appointments as I wanted to be sure the pregnancy was actually happening, and now it’s just delayed the NEST testing etc. It’s taken a long time to get this far, my first pregnancy at 39 after four full rounds of IVF and 6 transfers (two chemicals) so I don’t get many chances and feel like this is my one and only.
    Hi, I just wanted to share my story with you. I also had reoccurring bleeding with my daughter who is now 3. Right up until about 13 weeks, somethings it would stop and sometimes get worse. On the scans the could see this little blood sack near the baby sacks which is where it was coming from and it was so scary as one of the docs I was seeing said there was a high chance I was miscarrying. But every scan the heartbeat was there and bubs grew normally and finally it stopped around 13 weeks! Hopefully yours stops after first trimester too

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MollyH88 For This Useful Post:

augieandaddie (20-11-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi augieandaddie , I had small bleed at 10 weeks and then another at 11 weeks. Just a few days after a scan at 11 weeks I had massive bleeding with large clots. Bright red blood all over the floor and toilet very much like a crime scene. Had to go to ED and I passed a large clot that looked like a liver and I thought it was over. ED did a scan and showed baby was moving and not even bothered by the bleeding. I bled till 19 weeks. It was subchorionic haematoma which is pretty common. No one was worried during my scans despite the bleeding. My bub is fine. He is 4 months old now. I hope yours will be fine too x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to glee55 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have spotting with my pregnancy but I did have 2 big bleeds, one at 7 weeks and one all 11 weeks. I thought I was loosing the baby but I now have a healthy DS!
    When I did have a MC years ago I have no spotting or bleeding whatsoever, so it's hard to say as each pregnancy is so different.
    All the best hun xo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to McyD18 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a massive bleed at 14 weeks. Like I had wet myself with blood. Then it was like a light period for weeks after that. They never found why. DD1 is now 7. Did not happen with DD2

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Was the size of the fetus at scans matching where it should be give or take 3 days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much ladies. I think I finally got an answer after a lot of worrying. Ectropion Cervix. I went to the Women’s Assessment Unit yesterday and requested a cervical exam. And I got to see a happy bouncing baby on the ultrasound. Apparently it’s really common due to all the extra hormones (I’m sure IVF didn’t contribute to that in the least) but wish a Dr had suggested that sooner, I just always got the same answer, we just don’t know why some women bleed which didn’t do anything to help my anxiety. This is going to be ongoing I’m afraid, and if this is my only complication I’ll take it. I just need to learn not to freak out. Praying this is the only cause, as they can’t find any anomalies with baby. Dates and measurements are perfect. No signs of placenta tear or bleeding coming from near the baby. Hope this helps someone else. I’m sure thankful for all your replies.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to augieandaddie For This Useful Post:

Buffy0 (21-11-2018),glee55 (20-11-2018),Kazza78 (20-11-2018)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep that’s what I had

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post: