ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 52 Follicles!!

Hi ladies,

Had my scan today (day 5 of Gonal F 250) and I have 52 follicles in total. Not all are big enough to have an egg. But wow!! This is obviously not great news as I’m at a risk of over stimulating.

I’m having a rescan on Monday and most likely trigger on Monday night for a Wednesday egg collection. With this many follicles what’s chances of my cycle being cancelled?

Anyone have any tips for dealing with over stimulation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They should change your trigger, so it's not HCG. I was also put on cabergoline / dostinex as a preventative measure (post pick up). Other than that, lots of fluid (Gatorade) and salty foods - drews the fluid away from the ovary's. Best of luck! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @aweb031 yes they discussed possibly changing my trigger and hinted if they decide on lucrin to do a freeze all cycle. I’ve not heard of cabergoline/dostinex before. I’ll ask about that.
    With salty foods, I don’t eat processed foods and would still like to eat healthy. Would adding some Himalayan salt to cooking be enough? Or I have a magnesium salt I could add to water too. And I assume Gatorade for the electrolytes? Would coconut water do the same?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also eat very healthy, I just added salt to my main meals - I always add after cooking, something about it disappearing during the cooking process. I did add some salty popcorn in there too (as my 'treat' food).
    Not sure about the coconut water vs gatorade - I did both, figured I covered all basis and just make sure I'm extra hydrated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow...I would think they would cancel. If you are over stimulated you might end up in hospital. I was and spent a week in hospital with a drain in my abdomen to get rid of all the fluid. And yes..if they do go ahead with collection, expect it to be a freeze all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkers View Post
    Wow...I would think they would cancel. If you are over stimulated you might end up in hospital. I was and spent a week in hospital with a drain in my abdomen to get rid of all the fluid. And yes..if they do go ahead with collection, expect it to be a freeze all.
    I agree, I would be canceling the cycle. I’ve had mild OHSS and didn’t need to be in hospital but I was off work and resting at home feeling rotten for a week.

It isn’t worth the risk in my opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @aweb031 thanks I’ll do both just make sure.
    @Tinkers & @Mum-I-Am would they still cancel if they’re all not big enough for an egg? I’m having a rescan on Monday.....
    Is it possible to overstimulate even if the cycle is cancelled?
    I’m not feeling too bloated today, is that a good sign?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bloating didnt really kick in to after collection. I put on 4 kgs in the next 24hrs(all fluid)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tinkers holy crap! I’m so scared I’m going to get it now. My last cycle I had 9 follicles but only 4 eggs so maybe some of these will be empty too. I can only hope I guess. Fingers crossed. Guess I’ll find out more tomorrow. Thanks for your help x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone is different. I'm not trying to scare you. I'm sure your fs will make the right call, they are the experts. And my case was extreme. Best of luck for tomorrow.