+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miszsuby View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I have appointment with nurse and counselor in 2 more weeks. Can someone advise what will happen during this appointments? And how long each app with take? Thanks!
    Anyone please? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone please? Thanks!
    I forgot how long it took but it's mosty instructions how to take/ inject your medications (every medication comes in a different packaging) when to do the blood tests, what to expect as side effects and how to contact the nurses during work hours and after work hours. They'll give you all the reading materials but it's good to see the demonstration especially if you don't have background in using injections. Hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by joyjen View Post
    I forgot how long it took but it's mosty instructions how to take/ inject your medications (every medication comes in a different packaging) when to do the blood tests, what to expect as side effects and how to contact the nurses during work hours and after work hours. They'll give you all the reading materials but it's good to see the demonstration especially if you don't have background in using injections. Hope that helps
    Tqvm Joyjen! Between after the nurse appointment can we start the IVF straight or is there waiting time? Did you have counsellor appointment? What happens during the appointment? Tqvm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tqvm Joyjen! Between after the nurse appointment can we start the IVF straight or is there waiting time? Did you have counsellor appointment? What happens during the appointment? Tqvm!
    I didn't attend counsellor appointment, i don't think it's a requirement here in qld. I think you can start right away, you just have to wait for your next period to come, your first day of period is your first blood test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't attend counsellor appointment, i don't think it's a requirement here in qld. I think you can start right away, you just have to wait for your next period to come, your first day of period is your first blood test.
    Ahh. In that case I think only Victoria has counsellor appointment. Between can you help me understand how many blood test and scans will be required in the process of IVF? Day 1 period is first blood test. And the injection is for 10 days I guess. Wonder which days the other blood test & scans will be done? My nurse app is next week and I thought of starting the cycle in July. But I’ll be traveling. So need to check on the dates. Else need to push it to August. Tqvm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh. In that case I think only Victoria has counsellor appointment. Between can you help me understand how many blood test and scans will be required in the process of IVF? Day 1 period is first blood test. And the injection is for 10 days I guess. Wonder which days the other blood test & scans will be done? My nurse app is next week and I thought of starting the cycle in July. But I’ll be traveling. So need to check on the dates. Else need to push it to August. Tqvm!
    It always differs. Case to case depends on the levels you have. Some have the injections for longer periods, i only had injections for 8 days, some have it for 2 weeks. Blood test every 2-3 days. Scans could be every 4 days, but i only had 1 scan because i responded too well to the medication. You can't really plan around it. They sometimes give you a notice for scans the afternoon before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It always differs. Case to case depends on the levels you have. Some have the injections for longer periods, i only had injections for 8 days, some have it for 2 weeks. Blood test every 2-3 days. Scans could be every 4 days, but i only had 1 scan because i responded too well to the medication. You can't really plan around it. They sometimes give you a notice for scans the afternoon before.
    Oh dear. I absolutely had no idea there will be many visits for the blood test & scan. But what happens if the scan or blood test falls on weekends? Usually for scan we need to make appointments right? Also do they do collection & transfer on weekends? Just wondering as those needs to be done on specific days. Looks like I need to take 2 weeks leave for the process as the schedule is so tight & unpredictable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear. I absolutely had no idea there will be many visits for the blood test & scan. But what happens if the scan or blood test falls on weekends? Usually for scan we need to make appointments right? Also do they do collection & transfer on weekends? Just wondering as those needs to be done on specific days. Looks like I need to take 2 weeks leave for the process as the schedule is so tight & unpredictable.
    With mine they schedule/book the scans themselves, they send you an sms instruction, you just show up to the centre. I had blood tests done at Saturdays and Sundays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ,

@joyjen im from sydney based. would like to know will they transfer embryo on saturday and sunday?
    how it works?
    because my collection happens on coming monday, embryo transfer happens on day 5 right then will it happen on weekend please advise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LSha View Post
    Hi ,

@joyjen im from sydney based. would like to know will they transfer embryo on saturday and sunday?
    how it works?
    because my collection happens on coming monday, embryo transfer happens on day 5 right then will it happen on weekend please advise.
    They do transfer on Saturday as well.