Closed Thread
Page 59 of 100 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Juventina View Post
    Thank you ladies @gorgeousgeorge @Phia @Notalone @stacey10

I’m going on my own this time (first time just me!) I’ll pop in and see some family in Italy if the dates all align. I haven’t booked my return flight yet so I’ve got an extra 10 days to play with if I need it.

I’m back on everything the same as last time except the Filgrastim injection which my FS did yesterday (did a mock cycle with it in late October and it did its job with the lining).
    Cannot believe this is my 5th time!

Very disappointed however with Dr M. Been trying to talk to him since September and had no return calls or emails. So I’m doing his same protocol, however would have been nice to discuss with him!!!! Honestly their service is pathetic. Ridiculous charges for a 2 min phone conversation and then even more difficult to get onto them. He knew things didn’t work again in July but an updated protocol would have been helpful.
    Wish you all the best @Juventina ,
    May fifth time be the charm,
    I think we are all on the edge of our seats waiting to hear great news from you,
    Always so disappointing when our drs let us down
    Have a safe trip xxxx

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aok For This Useful Post:

Juventina (11-01-2019),Moc24 (12-01-2019),Notalone (11-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies, happy New Year..hope this year brings babies dust.
    Quick question I have a Hydrosalpix, should I remove my tube or avoid surgery? I've already had surgery to remove fibriods in so wanted to avoid it. Thanks in advance x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishfully For This Useful Post:

Notalone (11-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I’m going on my own this time (first time just me!) I’ll pop in and see some family in Italy if the dates all align. I haven’t booked my return flight yet so I’ve got an extra 10 days to play with if I need it.

I’m back on everything the same as last time except the Filgrastim injection which my FS did yesterday (did a mock cycle with it in late October and it did its job with the lining).

Very disappointed however with Dr M. Been trying to talk to him since September and had no return calls or emails. So I’m doing his same protocol, however would have been nice to discuss with him!!!! Honestly their service is pathetic. Ridiculous charges for a 2 min phone conversation and then even more difficult to get onto them. He knew things didn’t work again in July but an updated protocol would have been helpful.
    Oh you poor thing! What a bugger...I’m sorry to hear about Dr M. I agree - not very responsive on email. Happened to me when I had my first BFN - sent email no response - had to make an appointment. Actually, I always had a telephone appointment to receive advice.

He’d really benefit from a bigger team - I think it’s all pretty old school there. He monitored me through the pregnancy- I did all the blood tests and then a telephone appointment to discuss results.

You’re so close - every fibre is wishing you the best xx

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Juventina (11-01-2019),Moc24 (12-01-2019),Notalone (11-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aok View Post
    Unbelievable @Phia ! You are an amazing sleuth 🕵️‍♀️
    Thanks! I just know where to look and what to ask. I’m afraid that as much as we’ve got beautiful stories about overcoming adversity... in the mainstream world it can easily become tabloid fodder.

What’s tabloid fodder? It’s anything that sparks polarising views. Why? Because it’s click worthy. Eyeballs on stories. And the haters always speak first. I had a look at the comments about should women use super for ivf and they were so negative!

It has nothing to do with truth, so much of news today is about angling stories for an “outrage” response ....to get a click through. More clicks, more views, they sell more ad space and partnerships.

Now if it were the Guardian... possibly different!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Aok (11-01-2019),gorgeousgeorge (11-01-2019),Justme007 (13-01-2019),Notalone (11-01-2019),Peninsula Girl (11-01-2019),stacey10 (11-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Notalone View Post
    Hi @aussieofftogreece, although the ladies have given you great advice, I also wanted to add my thoughts here too. Listen to your body and trust your gut. Take time off if you need it and don't give it a second thought. I also agree with the reduced work week/fortnight approach where your time off is supported by a medical certificate. Put yourself (and babies) first. I told my manager from the start that we were goung to Greece for DE and also when we received our BFP. We have a great relationship and she was incredibly supportive. Pregnancy is like a marathon as opposed to a sprint, so do whatever you need to do to get to the finish line! All the best xx
    Thanks so much for your wonderful advice! My manager isn’t too supportive which is a shame. She just wants to make sure I do the work to ensure that she doesn’t have to lift a finger.
    Sounds so petty but it is the truth!
    Great idea with med cert.
    Thanks for making me feel better xx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aussiesofftogreece For This Useful Post:

Notalone (11-01-2019),Phia (11-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh @Juventina I’m sorry to hear Dr M has been so hard to get hold of.

I often heard back next day to my email with a generic ‘pay before we consult’ email but once I prepaid I often had a consult within 1-2 weeks. If he’s back at work and you feel like taking a risk, you could pay up then demand an appointment?

All the very best, you have a huge cheer squad here all behind you 1000% every step of the way.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justme007 For This Useful Post:

Juventina (12-01-2019),Kalina (11-01-2019),Notalone (11-01-2019),Phia (12-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishfully View Post
    Hello ladies, happy New Year..hope this year brings babies dust.
    Quick question I have a Hydrosalpix, should I remove my tube or avoid surgery? I've already had surgery to remove fibriods in so wanted to avoid it. Thanks in advance x
    Hi @Wishfully - did the FS who found it recommend removal? To the best of my knowledge they should be removed because they do lower implantation rates. Don't know if their size makes a difference though in terms of management. It's some kind of liquid they secrete and which works it's way into the uterus which I believe isn't embryo-friendly.

At the very least I would consult a good FS before you plan any transfers, just to be sure.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

Notalone (12-01-2019),Phia (12-01-2019),stacey10 (12-01-2019),Wishfully (14-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Wishfully I agree with kalina, from my reading and seeing other with this, getting it removed would be the best option, for all the above reasons kalina has mentioned. I personally wouldn’t go through a cycle and potentially waste embryos until it was removed.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Notalone (12-01-2019),Phia (12-01-2019),Wishfully (14-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow, that is disappointing re DrM. I find my emails are often missed, but I do eventually hear back. Given you've called and emailed it doesn't sound like there's much more you can do. Has he tweaked your protocol every time? I have a mobile number that they've used to contact me in the past. I am happy to pass it onto you if you feel you want to try one last time.

I am so glad the mock cycle with the injection wss successful. This is a significant difference for this cycle. Xx

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Notalone For This Useful Post:

Juventina (12-01-2019),Phia (12-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @justmr007 also had the depo injection for all my DE transfers. My gp gave me a prescription on the PBS so only cost about $30. No side effects at all for me thankfully.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Moc24 For This Useful Post:

Justme007 (13-01-2019)